Steezin's Suzuki TS185 Project

General discussion about Offroad two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

steezin_and_wheezin
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550, GS500's, DRZ's, FZ50

Steezin's Suzuki TS185 Project

Post by steezin_and_wheezin »

Just picked up this little beaut. Traded a couple other projects for it running/riding. Top end was just professionally rebuilt, needs a bit more TLC though. Idea for this one is a little street tracker setup. I've been after a smaller displacement suzuki for a while, really enjoy the agility of the small bikes. Should be a blast around town after getting it sorted and a decent set of sumo wheels on

This is my first 2T dirt bike, and its a blast to ride!! Only have ridden around my block, but plan to get out on some farm land or woods to mess around. Headlight needs hooked up, and I'm going to do some reading on adding a taillight and functioning brake. Pretty sure some if not all the TS came with a taillight, so I'm hoping there's already brake switches installed to make my life easier. Once she's road worthy I'll get it tagged/titled to use on my short mile and a half work commute.

Haven't done much reading on the TS models, but plan to dive in and get to know her better here soon.
DAllen
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS250, T500

Re: Steezin's Suzuki TS185 Project

Post by DAllen »

I'm planning on building a TS250 into a street tracker. You can get by without a battery, but blown head/tail light bulbs will result.

Check out suzukits.com for additional help. A wealth of Suzuki TS knowledge there.
steezin_and_wheezin
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550, GS500's, DRZ's, FZ50

Post by steezin_and_wheezin »

I've dealt with popping bulbs due to no battery on a couple honda mb5 projects. You can rig in a regulator to soak up the extra juice and keep the bulbs shinnin'. I'll probably put a new battery in this one. Looking to get it back road worthy in stock form before modifying

Good looks on the ts forum, I'll have to sign up and lurk some projects over there. Have a project thread or anything on your 250?
DAllen
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS250, T500

Post by DAllen »

Look under TS250, page 3 I think: Performance Modifications. This is my daily rider - was my daily rider until the clutch got weak and it developed a growl/rumble in the transmission. The street tracker bike is a 75' model I've had in the barn for the last 10 years. Have a couple front drum brakes from the GT380 to install on both bikes. GT380 forks will go on the street tracker. The blue/white bike is an absolute blast to ride: it rips and makes a lot of noise.