T-125 Battery - What is this funky connector?

All to do with wiring, charging or just trying to figure out whats gone wrong.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Insaniac
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T125

T-125 Battery - What is this funky connector?

Post by Insaniac »

Alright, so I've been having a hard time finding a battery with the connector used on the suzuki stinger. It has this funky connector that I haven't seen on anything else. The battery is a 6n7.5-5a-1. In the manual it also shows a battery with the same connector, a Yuasa MBF4-6A. I know I could just change the connector to something more standard, but I'd like to see if I can find one of these connections before I cut into the unmolested wiring harness. Or if anyone knows a source for these batteries, I've searched everywhere and can't find any. Someone just sold out of them on ebay, I bet all the yamaha people scooped them up and chopped off the connection I need. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Insaniac
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T125

Re: T-125 Battery - What is this funky connector?

Post by Insaniac »

Oh snap, it appears I'm a fool and didn't read the stickies. It appears to be this type of connection: Image right?

I've been to that website before in the past too, can't believe I didn't remember seeing that. Oh well, first posts. I just purchased my new bike, a 1969 T-125 Stinger yesterday, I'll take some pictures and post a proper introduction in the restoration section.

I guess while I'm here, does anybody know which size bullet terminals my bike would use? Might as well grab a few if I'm ordering from this website.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

You can buy a matching connector from many hardware stores in their automotive section. Typically they are read and white leads.
Buffalo-guy
To the on ramp

Post by Buffalo-guy »

Insaniac. I happen to have an old stock battery, 6N7.7-5A. It has two bullet connectors on red and black, both female. The box lists lots of Yamaha applications, but I know it fits the 125 Stinger. Like tz375 said, you can get that two prong universal adaptor almost anywhere. This battery is NOS, made in Japan, and dry. You are welcome to it, all you would need is to have it filled with acid , and trickle charged. If you are interested, PM me with shipping info. The Stinger is a very cool bike! Cheers.
Fred
Suzuki GT 750s
Ducati 750 GTs
2007 Duc 1000 GT (the clone)
2002 V Strom 1000 (lives again)
Suzuki RE5s
CBXs (18 cylinders, 72 valves)