Rectifier and wiring harness

All to do with wiring, charging or just trying to figure out whats gone wrong.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

corky
On the street

Rectifier and wiring harness

Post by corky »

Hi, I am rewiring my T250R with a new wiring harness and a later rectifier than the original. I commited the cardinal sin of not photographing everything as I pulled it apart so have two questions. Firstly does anybody have some photos of where the wiring harness is routed on the frame as there are lots of connections and i want to get it as original as poss so all the connections reach and are in the right place Sounds silly but there is a lot of it and it looks a right mess!Same goes for correct routing of clutch/tacho/throttle cables? Secondly from the rectifier there are 2 red/green wires which connect via 2 into 1 connector to the red/green wire from the generator but I also have a red/green wire from the main wiring harness which has nothing to connect to. There is a note in the T250R owners manual wiring diagram about connecting the green wire from the generator to the red/green wire to improve charging if necessary. Is this what the spare red/green wire on the harness is for? Thanks for any advice
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Re: Rectifier and wiring harness

Post by jabcb »

The wiring diagram for the T250 is similar to the GT250B diagram, except the T250 doesn't have a voltage regulator.
GT250B wiring diagram:download/file.php?id=826

A diagram of the alternator connections is also shown on page 17 of: http://www.ozebook.com/compendium/suzi/suzidata1.htm

There T250 alternator has a lighting coil. The lighting coil is switched on only when the lights are on.
But your wiring may have been modified so that you always get full alternator output.

Normally the wiring harness's R/G wire is connected to the rectifier's R/G wire.
But if the wiring was modified to provide full alternator output all the time, then it might not be connected.

Where are the 4 alternator wires (G/W, G, R/G & Y/G) connected to?
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE
corky
On the street

Post by corky »

Hi thanks for the reply. Got to the bottom of it. The T250R is unusual in that the green (with white ring on it) wire from the alternator normally plugs into the green wire on the harness but if the battery needs extra charging you can plug the green wire from the alternator into the spare red/green terminal from the alternator giving you extra charge. This is not normally shown on the generic T250 GT250 wiring diagrams
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Post by jabcb »

Agreed.

The wiring diagrams are in the topic: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6786
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72