Wiring diagrams

All to do with wiring, charging or just trying to figure out whats gone wrong.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

joolstacho
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: AS50, GS500, GT500, ex GSXR750 slabbie

Re: Wiring diagrams

Post by joolstacho »

Thanks for your advice mate, although it's not really the answer I was hoping for! -Would have been nice to have found a complete accurate wiring diagram.
I can see that the 'GT500 wire_updated' is right, but the differences in the other colour diagram add up to quite a lot of detail variations which can be pretty confusing.
(Especially with an old bike that may have been altered in detail by previous owners... if I knew 100% that it was factory original wiring I could more or less draw my own wiring diagram).
Not a perfect World eh?
joolstacho
To the on ramp

Post by joolstacho »

Grrrrr!... Is it possible that Suzuki released 2 models (GT500A & GT500B) without releasing a complete wiring diagram for them?!!!
Hard to believe, but I suppose it must be the case. 'kin incompetent I reckon. -I suppose they were just running out parts, emptying the partsbins and shelves, but it's a shame. -Honda would NEVER have done that (it hurts me to say it but it's true).
Try as I may I'm still unable to find a COMPLETE, correct wiring diagram for my '77 GT500B. Yes, there's no end of diags for T500's, plenty of diagrams for the GT500 IGNITION SYSTEM (only), but none that I can find that is a COMPLETE wiring diagram for the GT500. So you'd think, well, just use the T500 diagram and snick in the GT PEI ignition system where it matters, but, nup, it doesn't work.
various details are different and won't integrate, wire colours are different, it's a mess.
As I said, Grrrrr!!!
(Please don't point me to some useless link where some well-meaning tosser labels a wiring diagram: GT500, when it's just the PEI ignition section, or worse, a useless T500 diagram).

-Jools
(You can tell I'm pissed off can't you! I'm trying to track down an ignition malfunction, No spark at all, but unless you're an electrical expert it's hard to check it thoroughly without a complete, correct wiring diagram).
I have got (tested on another bike) a good CDI, good Ignition coil, my stator ignition coils show 'ballpark' ohms (though one charge coil is stuffed, but that shouldn't affect starting and spark). Crazy thing is that the bike, after an extensive restoration, ran fine a few weeks ago, but then later, it refused to go with no sparks. Could this be the neutral switch? or Ignition switch? -what else? I've checked wiring and snugged-up all connectors.
markush
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT250/380

Post by markush »

Hi!

Have you tried X7 wiring diagramm?
This should be substantially equal.

bye
Markus
joolstacho
To the on ramp

Post by joolstacho »

Thanks Markus, good tip, (though I could only find a low-res image), BUT!!!

I may have hit the jackpot, and it was staring me right in the face! My good mate Jacko up the road who also runs a GT500B just happens to have an original owner's manual, and in it is the actual wiring diagram.
(He might have mentioned it earlier eh?) So I've scanned and optimised it.
Hopefully the attached file will work, -it's enlarged from the original, manipulated, and optimised, so it's as good as we'll get from the small original.
I have retained a high DPI setting to retain fine detail at A4 size, but some applications may require printing 'fit to page'.
If for some reason it won't work for you, PM me and I'll send the file directly to you via email.
-Jools
I don't seem to be having any luck attaching the file (it's only about 350k) so I'll add it as an image. Bugger!!! Imageshack, my image host is currently down, so that's stuffed too.
I'll try later. Maybe a moderator might help with attaching the file? When I try to attach the file I'm getting a silly message which tells me that the image size must be at least 0 pixels x 0 pixels, -it's 3071 x 1801 !
markush
On the main road

Post by markush »

Hi!

The GT500 owners here in Germany have the same problem with "no wiring diagram".
If you send the pic of the wiring (or the complete Manual-PDF) to my EMail, I'll put it on the "miscellaneous-Page" of my GT250-Site and post the link here and otherwise, for public download.

EMail = "info(at)suzuki-gt250.de" (change (at) against @)

Markus
joolstacho
To the on ramp

Post by joolstacho »

I've sent that Markus, so it should be available to everyone soon.
Jools
markush
On the main road

Post by markush »

OK, here we go... :mrgreen:

I put the GT500-wiring on my new download-site with some first links:
http://suzuki-gt250.de/index.php?b=6
joolstacho
To the on ramp

Post by joolstacho »

Goodonya Markus.
Imageshack is now (finally) up and running so I'll attempt to show the wiring diagram file in this post, we'll see what happens!
-jools
(Sorry that the image is dimensionally large, but I wanted to retain good size/resolution for printing out full size on an A4 sheet).
Hush
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 74 GT550 L 73 GT250K

GT550 Coloured wiring diagram

Post by Hush »

I hope this helps others.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Post by jabcb »

1977 TS400B
ImageWiringDiagram_TS400B_2028 by jabcb, on Flickr
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72