Headlight bowl wiring

All to do with wiring, charging or just trying to figure out whats gone wrong.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

tz375
Moto GP

Re: Headlight bowel wiring

Post by tz375 »

It looks like it is already connected to the wrong plug. The Run switch I think has a three pin connector. Orange (power in) orange and white (power out to the ignition system) and a third that is either empty or light green/white which goes nowhere.

You may want to just follow where the kill switch wiring goes from the grip to the bowl and make sure you know which one it is and then find the matching socket with the same wires.

Just a thought though. Sometime ago - I think it was 1974, Suzuki had a problem getting wires the right colors, or maybe their supplier screwed up, but they had some looms made with all the wrong colors and tiny labels around the wires telling people what color it was supposed to be. I doubt that's teh issue here, but anything is possible.

That's why sometimes, it's necessary to strip off some of teh outer sheath to see where wires go and how they change colors and then rewrap it when it's all working.

BTW, it's a headlamp Bowl though someone did turn that one to crap, so maybe that's more accurate. And it's clearly got a bad case of irritable bowel syndrome. :roll: