No Spark 1978 TS 125

All to do with wiring, charging or just trying to figure out whats gone wrong.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

donutsfritos
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS125 CB350

No Spark 1978 TS 125

Post by donutsfritos »

As the title suggests, I cannot get spark on my bike no matter what. This isn't the first bike I've rebuilt the harness on, but this one has me totally stumped. I'm trying to wire it as simply as possible and so I'll be bypassing the ignition switch and just using the kill. Right now though, I'm taking the black wire off the stator and plugging it in directly to the coil and still nothing. I've tried two coils now. Bad stator maybe or am I just doing something dumb? Thanks in advance for any help!

This is the diagram I'm following: http://suzukits.informe.com/gallery/165 ... MAN104.jpg
Zunspec4
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500R, SV1000S, TS125, Seeley T500

Re: No Spark 1978 TS 125

Post by Zunspec4 »

The ignition on my TS125 suffered a cut out. In my case it turned out to be the ground from the ign coil in the magneto, you have to take the rotor off to access it, coming loose.

Also check for full continuity from the magneto to the ignition coil.

Cheers Geoff
donutsfritos
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS125 CB350

Re: No Spark 1978 TS 125

Post by donutsfritos »

Ok. I have similar resistance from each coil on the stator. Also the resistance from the hot to ground on the ht coil is about 1.7 ohms. I'm not the best with electrical stuff. I have the black wire from the stator hooked up directly to the coil. Shouldn't that work? Nothing else is connected. Battery is removed.