Spark Plugs

All to do with wiring, charging or just trying to figure out whats gone wrong.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

petermbooth
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: X6 T500-III

Spark Plugs

Post by petermbooth »

Hi all,
New to the forum. I just got my hands on a T500 which I think is the III version. (I think this because the stamp on the column says 12/69 and the tank has the tank mount bracket on it.)

I'm planning to get try to kick it over tomorrow and I want to put new plugs in it.

There seems to be two types of plugs referenced here on the Interwebs... NGK B-77HC for the T500 and NGK B-7H S for the GT500. Source: http://gt500.org.uk/perfdat.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Local dealer says 77HC doesn't exist but he does have 7HS. (Local dealer is not a vintage guy)

My questions: Are the GT500 and T500 motors the same? Can I run the B-7HS plung in my T500? If not, where do I source the 77HC plugs that seem to no longer exist.

Thanks, looking forward to building a racer and learning a lot.
Peter
Jimroid
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT500 T500 GT750

Re: Spark Plugs

Post by Jimroid »

Partzilla.com has them for $1.86 each I believe. Correct me if I am wrong.http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/s ... 9482-00082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Both are correct ,HS and HC
Last edited by Jimroid on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petermbooth
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: X6 T500-III

Post by petermbooth »

I just got back from my local Suzuki dealer who pulled up the Titan T500-III on his computer and the diagram said the B-7HS was the plug called for.

Does that seem to make sense? I felt like if the dealer documentation said that, it must be right.
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

B7 will be fine. I think the only year model with the tank rack was 1970, but if I'm mistaken, someone will quickly correct me!

Welcome.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........