Unknown Vintage Suzuki Ignition Switch, please help identify

All to do with wiring, charging or just trying to figure out whats gone wrong.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

gtowner
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT185

Unknown Vintage Suzuki Ignition Switch, please help identify

Post by gtowner »

Hi everyone,
New member here and this is first time post. Seek help for this unknown Suzuki Ignition Switch that I have to identify.
It has round white plastic to secure the key to where it attached to, (I guess ?), it has number 126011 printed on the body, has 6 wires come out from it (Black , White with red stripe, Yellow, Black with white stripe, Grey, Green.

Here are photos of the switch :

Anyone know what Suzuki model this ignition switch is for ?
Thank in advance
GT750Battleship
Road race school
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT750A 1976

Re: Unknown Vintage Suzuki Ignition Switch, please help iden

Post by GT750Battleship »

Hi,this is only a guess...but I think what you have there is a Marine outboard ignition switch,the big plastic connector looks to be designed to keep things very dry,& with the wiring style probably supplying power for propeller trim or the like...as I say just a guess !
Cheers,
Roger
GT750Battleship.
gtowner
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT185

Re: Unknown Vintage Suzuki Ignition Switch, please help iden

Post by gtowner »

GT750Battleship wrote:Hi,this is only a guess...but I think what you have there is a Marine outboard ignition switch,the big plastic connector looks to be designed to keep things very dry,& with the wiring style probably supplying power for propeller trim or the like...as I say just a guess !
Cheers,
Roger
Thank you so much Roger for your suggestion, I will try to look on the internet for a Marine outboard ignition key. What I've done searching so far it looks similar to Suzuki Moped U50/U70/F50/F70 but the wires connector is different, I was thought that mine could be for a different year or country model but I'm clueless :)