Serious matter.

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

titan performance
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS100, T200, GT250, T500, GT500, GT550, GT750, GS750

Serious matter.

Post by titan performance »

Hi guys....I'm posting on the forum in the hope someone will be able to help me with a serious dilemma.
For some time now, my partner, Lucy, and I, really haven't been getting on very well at all. She doesn't seem interested in me any more, and has become very short tempered with me. At times, it feels like she is finding excuses to argue and fall out with me. Whatsmore, she has been going out rather a lot, and is evasive when I ask where to, or who with. Her usual answer, is that she has been with friends that I don't know. She has aslo become very secretive with her computer, and phone, with texts arriving at all times of day and night. In the last couple of weeks, she has found an excuse to go out of the house just about every evening.....needless to say, i have become very suspicious, and as a result I decided to check up on her.
Unfortunately, I can't see the road from our house, so I haven't been able to see how she was getting home after an evening out. I wondered if she was using a taxi, or possibly being dropped off by a so called friend. On wednesday, I decided to hide in the garden, in order to get a glimpse of her ride home. I hid behind my bike waiting for her to return, and while I lay in wait pondering my future, I noticed some oil leaking from the cam cover just behind plug number three. So what I need to know....is this a simple fix I can make at home, or will I need to take the bike back to the dealer?
Keeping old 2 strokes alive !
celt_rock
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500, GT380, GS400

Re: Serious matter.

Post by celt_rock »

:!: :clap: :!:
Slow and steady may win the race, but without loud and fast it's just a waste
Joiseygirl
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by Joiseygirl »

Figures, typical male. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Fritz500
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki TS90, TS250, T500 (4), GT750

Post by Fritz500 »

Have you checked to see if the cam cover bolts are properly tightened?

:P
73 GT750 Ducati - 20%
72 T500J - 95%
09 Yam XVS950A
81 Yam XV920 - cafe conversion - 90%

“Anyone who believes a perpetual motion machine is impossible has no imagination; anyone who thinks it is possible has no education.” Adam Peenum
rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by rbond »

Just get a new gasket and replace the cover yourself. The satisfaction of fixing it yourself is a real good feeling. As far as the girl, dump her and move on.
Fritz500
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki TS90, TS250, T500 (4), GT750

Post by Fritz500 »

What girl?

Let me re-read the original post.

Mmmm...oh yeah. Anyway check those bolts.
73 GT750 Ducati - 20%
72 T500J - 95%
09 Yam XVS950A
81 Yam XV920 - cafe conversion - 90%

“Anyone who believes a perpetual motion machine is impossible has no imagination; anyone who thinks it is possible has no education.” Adam Peenum
Cliff
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Original owner GT550L

Post by Cliff »

What bike was that again? Could be just a loose cam cover or you might have to change the gasket. Any other problems we can help with?
rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by rbond »

Or better yet, get a two-stroke and not have a cam cover to worry about..... Also still dump the girl!