Joisey Girl

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Joisey Girl

Post by Suzukidave »

Where are you ?
the older i get the faster i was
Joiseygirl
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Re: Joisey Girl

Post by Joiseygirl »

Aw, Suzukidave, so sweet of you to notice my absence. I’m still around, just been busy with life and the holidays did some traveling too.

I’m getting a little discouraged about learning to ride; things just haven’t fallen into place for me. But I am learning lots about restorations and repairs from this site … :P I’ve now learned that what I once viewed as a pile of “junk” , in the right hands, turns into a treasure and an object of beauty.

Anyway, as I remember, you had moved north to New Jersey or Pennsylvania, how’s that working out for you?

Not that I’m being nosy or anything, but it would be nice if other members took some time to post a synopsis of 2012 just for fun and to learn a bit more about each other.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone.
May 2013 be better than 2012 for us all.

BTW, I haven't come across any jokes worthy of posting. :(
rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by rbond »

Keep at it! Learning to ride takes time (safely). Learn from hopefully small mistakes and move on, sooner than you think, it will be getting easier and more enjoyable. In the long run it pays off where you are enjoying the ride without have to think so hard about how to do something the right way or time as you finally do it almost automagically. Being a passenger is OK, but being the one driving the bike is much more satisfying and FUN. You become a little more attuned to your surroundings, your bike, the connection between human, machine, and yes nature can only be experienced on two wheels. A bicycle can get you close, but the modern human is used to motorized transport, an engine and more speed (than pedaling) are what gets the endorphin pumping!! Sometimes an easy ride in the country is what you need, sometimes it twisting it as far as you dare! Only thing better than a bike, is a guy and a girl getting it on!! (not a bike either) Don't worry if you can't find any new jokes, just having you here is good enough. You can never have too many friends.
Joiseygirl
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by Joiseygirl »

@ Rbond- Thanks for your encouraging words, I'm sure it'll happen for me sooner or later. :up:

@ Suzukidave - You inquire about me, I respond, then you go MIA... wazupwitdat? :lol: