Stevie Wonder in Concert in China

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Fritz500
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki TS90, TS250, T500 (4), GT750

Stevie Wonder in Concert in China

Post by Fritz500 »

Stevie Wonder is playing his 1st gig in China and the place is packed to the rafters.
In a bid to break the ice he asks if anyone has a request.

One chap jumps out of his seat in the 1st row and shouts at the top of his voice "Play a jazz chord! Play a jazz chord!"

Amazed that this guy knows about the jazz influences in Stevie's career, the blind impresario starts to play an E minor scale and then goes into a difficult jazz melody for about 10 minutes. When he finishes the whole place goes wild.

The chap jumps out of his seat again and shouts "No, no, play a jazz chord, play a jazz chord".

A bit cheesed off by this, Stevie, being the professional that he is, dives straight in to a jazz improvisation with his band around the B flat minor chord and really tears the place apart.

The crowd goes ballistic with this impromptu show of his musical expertise.

But still the little Chinese man jumps up again and shouts "No, no. Play a jazz chord, play a jazz chord". Stevie is really annoyed now that this chap doesn't seem to appreciate his playing ability and shouts to him from the stage " OK - smart ass, you get up here and do it".

The little bloke climbs onto the stage, takes hold of the mike and starts to sing...

"A jazz chord, to say, I ruv you... "
73 GT750 Ducati - 20%
72 T500J - 95%
09 Yam XVS950A
81 Yam XV920 - cafe conversion - 90%

“Anyone who believes a perpetual motion machine is impossible has no imagination; anyone who thinks it is possible has no education.” Adam Peenum
titan performance
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS100, T200, GT250, T500, GT500, GT550, GT750, GS750

Re: Stevie Wonder in Concert in China

Post by titan performance »

Cliff Richard was going out to dinner with some close friends to his local chinese restaurant. When they arrived at the venue, one of his friends approached the waiter, and told him that one of their party was very famous, but they wanted no fuss, and just to enjoy a quiet meal.

However, when the waiter came to take the orders, he loudly said, I know you, you Criff Richard, you my favourite singer....prease sing a song Criff. Cliff declined, and asked the waiter to quieten down, but he just got louder, asking Criff, you sing, you sing. In the end, and to shut him up, Cliff agreed to do just one number, and asked the waiter what song he wanted........

Tits and fanny Criff, its my favourite, you sing tits and fanny.
Tits and fanny, queried Cliff? I have never sung a song called that.
Yeah Criff...you do...Tits and Fanny !
Still puzzled, Cliff said, ok how does it go?

The waiter replied......Tits and fanny, we dont talk any more !
Keeping old 2 strokes alive !