True story

For discussion of all general things. Keep it clean folks. No politics or religion.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

TOwenR
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT 550 K, L, A and GT 750 L

True story

Post by TOwenR »

After sipping a Scorpion Bowl or three among friends at a local Chinese restaurant, I asked for my bill from Henry the owner.

"F*****N Twenty" I thought I heard Henry say.

In addition to being well on my way to deep inebriation, I was shocked to hear such a demand for payment, and was thinking "What the hell did I do to get Henry so upset so as to treat me like a lout with credit problems?"

I asked again. Two, three times and got the same response with increasing agitation showing upon Henry's face.

"F*****N TWENTY!!!" Henry is now saying, audible for all in the restaurant to hear.

And by now that I'm convinced that he's showing me up for no reason whatsoever in front of friends and other unknown patrons, I decide to counter him with brash drunken bravado.

"What do you MEAN, F****G Twenty, you A-H**e? What the HELL did I do to deserve this? What THE F**K kind of way is that to treat your customers?"
While spitting out foul language and flinging my arms and hands worthy of a Benito Mussolini speech, I reached into my wallet and pulled out a twenty dollar bill and flung it at Henry, and finished by saying "Here's your F*****G TWENTY...A**HOLE!"

As I was walking away and out of the establishment, one of my friends tells me- "You know...ahh, Todd....Henry was asking you for Fourteen Twenty."

:oops:

Apparently I was the only person in the restaurant who heard differently.

I never returned. Perhaps out of fear of a poorly prepared meal, or the fact that the PD station was right across the street and it didn't seem like a safe place to consume a scorpion bowl or three after that.
dorT500
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: '75 T500M since '93 Ridden it over 100,000 mi

Re: True story

Post by dorT500 »

TOwenR wrote:After sipping a Scorpion Bowl or three among friends at a local Chinese restaurant, I asked for my bill from Henry the owner.

"F*****N Twenty" I thought I heard Henry say.

In addition to being well on my way to deep inebriation, I was shocked to hear such a demand for payment, and was thinking "What the hell did I do to get Henry so upset so as to treat me like a lout with credit problems?"

I asked again. Two, three times and got the same response with increasing agitation showing upon Henry's face.

"F*****N TWENTY!!!" Henry is now saying, audible for all in the restaurant to hear.

And by now that I'm convinced that he's showing me up for no reason whatsoever in front of friends and other unknown patrons, I decide to counter him with brash drunken bravado.

"What do you MEAN, F****G Twenty, you A-H**e? What the HELL did I do to deserve this? What THE F**K kind of way is that to treat your customers?"
While spitting out foul language and flinging my arms and hands worthy of a Benito Mussolini speech, I reached into my wallet and pulled out a twenty dollar bill and flung it at Henry, and finished by saying "Here's your F*****G TWENTY...A**HOLE!"

As I was walking away and out of the establishment, one of my friends tells me- "You know...ahh, Todd....Henry was asking you for Fourteen Twenty."

:oops:

Apparently I was the only person in the restaurant who heard differently.

I never returned. Perhaps out of fear of a poorly prepared meal, or the fact that the PD station was right across the street and it didn't seem like a safe place to consume a scorpion bowl or three after that.

:wink: