Fast from the Past products for your Suzukis

What you have to offer the two-stroke community

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

Jim929
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Numerous

Fast from the Past products for your Suzukis

Post by Jim929 »

Some of you here may know me - my name is Jim Hinshaw and I am a WERA vintage road racer (929) as well as the owner and operator of fastfromthepast.com We have recently added several new products for your bikes and I wanted to make you aware of them.

First, we now have in stock forged Wossner pistons for the GT750/GT500 here:

http://tinyurl.com/bthh5fh

We have been selling Wossner pistons for the Kawi triples for several years and have been very pleased with the quality and performance. I use them in all my race bikes.

Second, we also have in stock Lomas exhaust for the GT750 in both mild steel and stainless steel here:

http://tinyurl.com/cbnnkqs

Last, we sell the full line of Tarozzi clip-ons, rearsets, and fork braces form Italy. Tarozzi is also the worlds largest manufacturer of replacement fork tubes and lists them for the GT750, GT500, GT380, and GT250.

We also have a wide variety of other parts such as NHK steering dampers and Zeeltronic ignition systems. If we can help you with anything please let me know. You can reach me at jimhinshaw@fastfromthepast.com.

Thanks
Jim Hinshaw

http://www.fastfromthepast.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Re: Fast from the Past products for your Suzukis

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

Thanks for posting this information Jim, I went to the ignition page but didn't see any photos of the system you would be offering for the Suzukis. Can you put up a photo of the system for the GT triples.
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
Jim929
Still in the Driveway

Post by Jim929 »

Suzsmokeyallan wrote:Thanks for posting this information Jim, I went to the ignition page but didn't see any photos of the system you would be offering for the Suzukis. Can you put up a photo of the system for the GT triples.
We are currently working on adapting the Zeeltronic system used for the Kawasaki H2 to the GT750. You can see the system here:

http://www.zeeltronic.com/page/vcdi-30.php

We will list it on the website when we have finished testing it.
Jim Hinshaw

pearljam724
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75- GT 550 / 76- GT 750

Post by pearljam724 »

Remanufacture an oem look alike radiator crash bar. You'll win my business.
Image Image
Jim929
Still in the Driveway

Post by Jim929 »

pearljam724 wrote:Remanufacture an oem look alike radiator crash bar. You'll win my business.
Send me an old rusted one to copy and we'll get them made. I'm assuming all model years were the same?
Jim Hinshaw

pearljam724
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75- GT 550 / 76- GT 750

Post by pearljam724 »

Jim929 wrote:
pearljam724 wrote:Remanufacture an oem look alike radiator crash bar. You'll win my business.
Send me an old rusted one to copy and we'll get them made. I'm assuming all model years were the same?
Only if I had one. No, they were different from 72-74 and 75-77. I believe that is the correct years. There was definitely a style change from early to late models. Beside myself, that would definitely be a great market for you. If you could get yours hands on those 2 different styles. I found a small company in England that makes replicas. But, unfortunately they sold out and I'm on hold as to when and if they will make more. I missed out on that opportunity when I had a chance to seize it. I could slap myself as they were very reasonably priced and it's the very last part I need to complete my restoration.
Image Image
Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

A slight model year correction,, 72 and 73 were the same while 74 to 77 were a different design. Given the cost of proper triple plate chroming, maybe making the radiator guard out of stainless steel could be an option.
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
Jim929
Still in the Driveway

Post by Jim929 »

Send a sample of both and Tarozzi can duplicate them in chrome.
Jim Hinshaw

T350guy
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1977 GT 750

Post by T350guy »

Received my Engine guards from Jim
Nice

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

The Tarozzi guards do look nice (several owners here in Calgary have bought and installed sets from another supplier here in Canada) but that threaded rod they supply as a part of the installation kit is the pants. I had Ian (astrax) in the UK make me a replacement rod in stainless - he is on this board or you can contact him via his web site at this link if you are interested. Recommended ! 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
Jim929
Still in the Driveway

Post by Jim929 »

oldjapanesebikes wrote:The Tarozzi guards do look nice (several owners here in Calgary have bought and installed sets from another supplier here in Canada) but that threaded rod they supply as a part of the installation kit is the pants. I had Ian (astrax) in the UK make me a replacement rod in stainless - he is on this board or you can contact him via his web site at this link if you are interested. Recommended ! 8)
Stainless steel rod is a good idea - I'll talk to Tarozzi about that when I visit them in a couple of months. You don't need to go all the way to the UK for one though. It is a standard metric thread and is commonly available in stainless steel from industrial supply houses like McMaster -Carr http://www.mcmaster.com. All you would need to do is cut to the correct length. Or we can supply them cut to length if someone would like one.

We brought additional guards in so we now have them in stock.
Jim Hinshaw

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Jim929 wrote:Stainless steel rod is a good idea - I'll talk to Tarozzi about that when I visit them in a couple of months. You don't need to go all the way to the UK for one though. It is a standard metric thread and is commonly available in stainless steel from industrial supply houses like McMaster -Carr http://www.mcmaster.com. All you would need to do is cut to the correct length. Or we can supply them cut to length if someone would like one.
Jim - just checking if we are talking about the same thing - what Ian made for me actually was a new, double ended stainless engine bolt that is just threaded the correct amount at each end - a bit different from a threaded rod which as you mention is readily available from many places. And as for the 'where' part - if you don't live in the US, then it's just a question of landed cost delivered to your geographic location eh ? 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
Jim929
Still in the Driveway

Post by Jim929 »

oldjapanesebikes wrote:
Jim929 wrote:Stainless steel rod is a good idea - I'll talk to Tarozzi about that when I visit them in a couple of months. You don't need to go all the way to the UK for one though. It is a standard metric thread and is commonly available in stainless steel from industrial supply houses like McMaster -Carr http://www.mcmaster.com. All you would need to do is cut to the correct length. Or we can supply them cut to length if someone would like one.
Jim - just checking if we are talking about the same thing - what Ian made for me actually was a new, double ended stainless engine bolt that is just threaded the correct amount at each end - a bit different from a threaded rod which as you mention is readily available from many places. And as for the 'where' part - if you don't live in the US, then it's just a question of landed cost delivered to your geographic location eh ? 8)
Definitely not talking about a custom made duplicate of the original motor mount bolt with extended threads on both ends in stainless steel.

You are correct on the shipping and since I have no idea what shipping rates are from the UK to Canada then I have no way to compare to USA to Canada rates.

I'll defer to your recommendation.
Jim Hinshaw

jeff kushner
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: none

Post by jeff kushner »

I'm new to this board but not to building bikes.

I'll vouch for Jim. I've bought several sets of Wossner pistons and have been thrilled with the quality of them. The rings, wrist pin and circlips come with them and the engineering is truly a work of art. I've commented on the Kaw boards that it's almost a crime to bury them inside an engine. When I build, I used balanced assemblies and the Wossner kits weigh nearly identical and a cinch to balance.

I've used them on stock rebuilds as well as very highly ported engines and haven't had any issues at all, none, nada....great products and Jim is my goto guy when it comes to pistons kits.

jeff
Present: VStrom 1000 K7, Stock: '74 RD350,’75 GT550,'76 CB400F, '75 H2(purple), Modded: ‘75 GT550 restored & ported, '82 Yamaha 650Turbo running 18PSI,'74 H2B carbs-pipes-ported, project list:'72 & 2-'75 H1's, '82 Yamaha XV920, 74 GT750
smokin_blue
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: www.street-unique.com

Post by smokin_blue »

I can say his adjustable clip-ons are awesome! They took my 2006 Sprint ST from a bike I wanted desperately to love to one that I do love! The height was not the issue (as most Sprint owners put risers on trying to solve the issue). the real issue was the angle was perfect for a race tuck but not for normal everyday riding. It twisted your wrist at a weird angle. I bought a set from FFTP and installed them, rotating the ends up about 1" from stock and all the pain went away!

PS: note for anyone that reads this and is going to mount them on a Sprint ST. You do need to machine or file off the spare boss once you decide which way you are going to face them (adjustable offset too).
'07 Suzuki SV650
'90 GSX-R1100 streetfighter
LS650 powered custom framed café
'72 T500 with a Lyster frame
'69 T500-parts/project?
'83 GR650-project

Past bikes
'06 Triumph Sprint ST
'86 GSX-R750
'74 GT250/T350 custom
'79 GS750
'74 TS250