Stayin' Alive!

Photos that don't really fit in the above catagories.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

CBWELLS
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Honda-350, SUZUKI GT550 x2, GS850, 92 VMAX,

Stayin' Alive!

Post by CBWELLS »

Well, the Winter weather finally eased up enough to get the bike out for some pix. This is my SURVIVOR from back in the day when the BEE GEEs were popular & Disco ruled the air-waves, & she's still Stayin' Alive!

When I look at many of the pix on this site of the beautiful restorations & OEMs, I'm almost embarrassed to post this old dog's portrait. Well, so be it. This "76+/-" is a runner! Not much about her could be called original. She's had a couple minor encounters with the pavement & I'm guessing more the 30K-mi. on the scavenged clock. She's dressed in a state of art "custom" rattle-can paint job in Chrysler Blue. I've had the engine apart twice & now have new pistons, rings, wrist-pins & bearings. The cylinders & head are from a '74 & the crank is an eBay special from a '73. I've had it for 4 years now & have less than $800 into it, including the tires, battery, seat-cover, mirrors, rear rack & the engine parts mentioned above. She starts quick & easy, idles nicely both cold & warm, handles well & I've seen the needle into the 3rd digit with no wobbles & shakes. At 50' distance, she looks alot better than most other women her age & gets more compliments too! My other bike is a '92 Vmax which is a blast (& scary too!), and I always have a hard time deciding which to ride. I'd take either one anywhere.
celt_rock
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500, GT380, GS400

Re: Stayin' Alive!

Post by celt_rock »

I don't see a bike... did I miss a link?
Slow and steady may win the race, but without loud and fast it's just a waste
CBWELLS
Around the block

Post by CBWELLS »

Sorry about NO PIX!. You didn't miss a link. I guess I screwed up. I tried to upload two pix via the "ATTACH" box below, but apparently I didn't do it correctly. Still haven't been able to figure it out yet. Maybe next time. If you know the secret, pass it along!
celt_rock
To the on ramp

Post by celt_rock »

Yeah, after you browse for the picture (making sure it's no bigger than 750K or something like that) then you click
"Add File". Once it's added you then need to click "Place inline" in order for it to appear in the body of the message you're
creating where you want it. Not clicking "Place inline" puts it at the bottom of your message (sometimes!). Just make sure the
file isn't too big or it won't like it and won't post it. You can't take things directly off your digital camera as those images are usually
1 or 2 megs. It's not exactly intuitive but it does work. Good luck!

Aron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CBWELLS
Around the block

Post by CBWELLS »

OK, I took some lower resolution pix & will try to add a couple here:
P3160293.JPG

So from my end, it looks like they will appear when I SUBMIT this post. Let's see!

YEP! That seems to work....But youse guys knew that!
Thanks for the help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
celt_rock
To the on ramp

Post by celt_rock »

You're welcome! And for less than $800 you've got a beautiful ride! I'm hesitant to start adding everything up that I've got in so far
as I don't believe I'm making out as well as you :? It's still fun and I think about it every waking minute so I think it's well worth it.

Cheers!
pearljam724
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 75- GT 550 / 76- GT 750

Post by pearljam724 »

Very nice. She looks like mine. I like your stripe down the center of the tank.
Image Image
CBWELLS
Around the block

Post by CBWELLS »

The strip is a "left-over" from her previous paint. When I got her, the tank & side panels were that yellow/gold color. A fairly nice job at that. But, as luck would have it, there is a small dent on either side of the tank at the front caused by over-turning the forks due to damaged steering stops. Then my son kinda mangled the front fender (a couple times) while learning to drive (oops & Oh Well!). Then I lost the nicely painted right side cover, so I just decided to give her a new coat, but hated to loose all sense of that nice yellow, so I just masked off the center stripe & added some black pin-stripes to make the transition to blue & add some accent. Based on what I found on the underside of the tank, I think her OEM dress was red. As I said in the title of this post.... "STAYIN' ALIVE!"

Thanks for your reply.
CBWELLS
Around the block

Post by CBWELLS »

Pearljam,
One more thing, YOURS is in way better shape than MINE!