Saved from Storage GT750A

Photos that don't really fit in the above catagories.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

Parry
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Gt750A

Saved from Storage GT750A

Post by Parry »

Hi guys,

Been getting some great help in the service section, time to share my new toy. Saved from storage as a friend is moving to Japan and time to get her on the road so she can be enjoyed. The bike had not been started in over 1 year and not riden for much longer than that.

Slowly I am getting her ready to ride again, replaced all fuel and oils, bled the brakes, cleaned carbs on bike, freed stuck clutch. Took her for a quick ride last night around the block and she has no low power with the clutch off. But she idles and starts perfectly, looks like further cleaning of the carbs is needed.

I dont plan to make her a show pony, I like her as is, I want this bike to be used in Summer every Sunday morning.

celt_rock
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500, GT380, GS400

Re: Saved from Storage GT750A

Post by celt_rock »

She's purrty... someone was just selling one of these over here for $3000 and it didn't come close to touching how nice this one is. Enjoy!
Slow and steady may win the race, but without loud and fast it's just a waste
Rhencullen
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT380 GT750 GPZ900R

Post by Rhencullen »

Nice looking bike :)
Parry wrote:I dont plan to make her a show pony, I like her as is, I want this bike to be used in Summer every Sunday morning.
And that's just around the corner :up: ..... mind you, as I understand it, your Winters are still OK for riding too. I'm just preparing to take my bikes off the road until next April.
'78 GT750 Image

'84 GPZ900R
Parry
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Gt750A

Post by Parry »

Shoot! Took her for a spirited ride and oil around the vent hole, loys of it as well!!! I am hoping she is just overfilled as the oil is very fresh. Hope its not seals, just cant afford to get them done!

Its strange though she blows hardly any smoke, just at start up and full throttle, which is what i would expect.
Barry S.
To the on ramp

Post by Barry S. »

Mine flooded the cases with gas when the petcock went bad and it boiled oil out the cases at idle. If it's thin and gassy smelling it may have done the same thing.
2007 Suzuki V-Strom DL650