Just me and my GT500B

Photos that don't really fit in the above catagories.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Re: coil and CDI

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

rbond wrote:I need to scan in the schematic of the circuit and make a few adjustments, then I will post it here for everyone. It is so simple, it could probably be adapted to other bikes....?
I was looking for this schematic and (so far at least) can't find it - can someone provide a link ? Thx !
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

CDI

Post by rbond »

In order to use the homebuilt CDI on an RD or similar, the circuit will have to be modified. I believe the ignition on the RD's are battery powered, the GT500's is magneto (AC in) powered. Plus two magnets would have to placed on the flywheel and a mount for the trigger coil. In this case it would be 'too much sugar for a dime' to make work. There are other battery powered CDI circuits out there (internet) that can be used if you just want to make one or an aftermarket box can still be easily found. I am not sure, but doesn't some GT250 models have the same PEI setup as the GT500?
H2RICK
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A, GSF1200SK6 currently

Post by H2RICK »

I am not sure, but doesn't some GT250 models have the same PEI setup as the GT500?
Nope, the GT250 never changed over to PEI during production, at least for North America. The change to PEI occurred when the X7 was introduced, IIRC.
GT550A Mint & Original
H2A Semi-Hot Rod Built From A Basket Case
KZ650C2 Mint & Original...mostly
GSF1200SK6 Bandit...My LD Ride
Additional H2 projects In Boxes.....
MBD Sufferer