Saving an abused soul from being parted out. Canadian Bandit

Photos that don't really fit in the above catagories.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Saving an abused soul from being parted out. Canadian Bandit

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

Heres a 98 model Bandit I found just outside of Calgary Alberta back in late 2010. These first couple of photos show some detailed parts of the bike in less than decent shape when I got it. Its easy to see its definitely had a hard life.

This photo makes the bike look decent, its really a 20 foot bike, on a good day.

Looking ok but its a photo and its hiding loads of issues.

As you get closer things start looking rusty and rough. The forks are leaking and the lower legs paint is corroded, not to mention those pipes and engine.

Every plastic body panel was broken, cracked or had missing tabs, two large cracks are seen here on this one by the indicator hole. It was a lot cheaper to buy new ones than repair and repaint these.

Was this ever cleaned at some point in the past, the linkage was never lubed thats for sure. The chain and sprockets were the first items in the garbage.

Theres no place the previous owner did not scratch with the ignition key.

Instead of showing photos of this restored bike, heres a short video of how it looks after all of the restoration and refurbishment work was done to it. The seat was off in the video but the Corbin seat that was on the bike was replaced with a stock seat base/sponge I got from Ebay and recovered with a custom built cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q3_FIK9FgM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2