URGENT HELP! Need rear sets for a GT500 with expansions

Retro, Wild, Cafe, etc. The stuff only your imagination can come up with.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

Nicholas
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suzuki GT500, SR500, BMW R80, BMW R100S

URGENT HELP! Need rear sets for a GT500 with expansions

Post by Nicholas »

Hi all, I need some advice on compatible rear sets for a GT500/T500 perhaps GT750? with expansion chambers.

I have just completed my rebuild and it is now sporting a set of Jemco expansion chambers. I have put my custom old school rear sets and they are just horrible, they don't work, cannot be adjusted and also bend out of place. At present they do not work, cannot get the bike into first...or change down reliably, bad, bad, bad! :evil:

I am hoping to ride this bike to France for wheels and waves (this Sunday) and need some advice/recommendations on what aftermarket rear sets would fit my bike....I need to order something tomorrow.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
zk0ot
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1

Re: URGENT HELP! Need rear sets for a GT500 with expansions

Post by zk0ot »

Titan performance.
Nicholas
Around the block

Post by Nicholas »

zk0ot wrote:Titan performance.
Thanks, so on your bike, you said modified...what did you do? Did they clear your kickstart? Does yours have a kickstart ? :wth:

I'm trying to contact Paul but haven't been able to reach him and don't want to order from his site if he has no stock...but I think they might be my best option, just don't know how much they can be adjusted as they look like they mount on the exhaust bolt or even further back on the pillion foot rest, which has unfortunately been cut off my frame.

I've also assumed that the tarozzi generic foot pegs may work (16-0012) but its a question of getting the right con rod and other parts. Was hoping someone had done the research for a tarozzi setup that clears the kickstart and has space for chambers.
zk0ot
On the main road

Post by zk0ot »

On my 380 I disregarded the mounting plates that are used for t500's. and bolted the peg and arms right through my passenger peg/exhaust hanger mounts. They both had clearance issues and needed spacers. The shift side only a half inch. The brake/kick start side more like 2". And the kicker needed to be bent.
Nicholas
Around the block

Post by Nicholas »

Cool, sounds like you've got it configured well! :-)

so I've run out of time on the purchasing front, could not get through to Titan so I started making my own lever..it's almost done and feels so much better than the crappy rear sets it had.

I just need to make some foot pegs tomorrow and then prey to the carb gods that my jets work well with my ramair and jemco expansions...I still haven't ridden the bike properly... :wth:
zk0ot
On the main road

Post by zk0ot »

nice, id like to see em. if your not too rushed.
titan performance
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS100, T200, GT250, T500, GT500, GT550, GT750, GS750

Post by titan performance »

Apologies Nicholas for being unavailable for a while, but I was at the TT for 16 days.....and poor old Timbo has been proper poorly while I was away.

Glad to hear you got it all sorted though !
Keeping old 2 strokes alive !