Indy May 2013

Retro, Wild, Cafe, etc. The stuff only your imagination can come up with.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

tz375
Moto GP

Indy May 2013

Post by tz375 »

Kevin H the Hatchet, how are things in Indy? Sorry we can't be with you to see the upgraded buffalo showing the H2 boys how it's done.

I have a lanyard kill switch in the mail and new helmet on order. Just need to stretch my leathers a couple of sizes and we should be able to join you next time. I read that rule book you sent me again last night and realize that i may never go fast enough to require a lanyard kill switch. Maybe I'll just fit it to impress locals at Starbucks. :lol: :lol:

Just have to work out how to hide the auto shifter :shock: :roll: and learn how to ride that crazy tree thing you guys use. :)

Seriously though, I know you told me that an Auto shift is not legal in the class, but I didn't know that they are actually commercially available. It make sense I suppose, but I'm not ready to shave thousandths off. I'm at the - which way does the track go and how does this all work anyway stage. :oops:
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 Suzuki GT750

Re: Indy May 2013

Post by water cooled »

R, Buffalo-Joe brought his street bike to his first race and he seemed to have a great time running it down the track. Super Eliminator is a great group of guys that support all two stroke enthusiasts that want to get out and race. The GT is one tough bike...it will run great and you will have a weekend of a lifetime taking her down the track.
tz375
Moto GP

Re: Indy May 2013

Post by tz375 »

Kevin, Did he race in the SE class and if so, any idea what sort of ET & MPH he managed? His bike is pretty perky IIRC with Jemcos and big carbs. Mine is almost stock by comparison to that. :?

Last time I raced against the clock was a very long time ago and it was fun for sure. We used to have a drag race for vintage bikes along a beach front road that was almost straight. That was a flag start "sprint" event though - no light trees and no red light specials to worry about. My 350 used to wheel stand off the line if I launched at the right RPM. I cannot imagine how people launch a 'Busa without flipping it like a cheap burger. :shock:

I could always bring my RZ for laughs, but that is even more wheelie prone.