1974 T500 cafe

Retro, Wild, Cafe, etc. The stuff only your imagination can come up with.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

CJF
To the on ramp

Re: 1974 T500 cafe

Post by CJF »

I agree...the stock pipes on a T500 cafe do look cool. With the shape and design they give it a hot rod look with side pipes. I also like the Italian style race tank. You see that on a lot of the Italian T500 race bikes. Cool bike....nice job.
Chris

'76 TR500 Style Cafe
'75 T500 - Cafe Build Underway
'78 Honda CB 750 Super Sport
MikGsxr
On the main road

Post by MikGsxr »

celt_rock wrote:Very nice! Last picture is definitely better than your first :wink:

How difficult was it to fit rearsets while keeping the stock pipes? From many of the pictures I've
seen the rearsets use frame-tabs devoted to the stock pipes. I still can't decide on a new set of
pipes or fixing up the old ones (some PO in the past tried knocking out the baffles or something
and there's a large chunk of metal clanging around in one of them). Seeing your bike puts another
check in the vintage pipes column for me. Thanks for posting!
Fitting the rear sets was a pain in the arse! Those rearsets are meant for a late model gsxr so I had to make brackets to make them fit. Then I had to make a shift rod fit around the kick starter (bending and filing) and fashioned a rear brake out of a shift rod from another set of rearsets and some spare metal bits laying around. just buy the titan performance rearsets and be done with it-lol. I love the stock pipes and won't change them. it makes a lot less work- no jetting, no worrying about cops stopping me for being too loud etc.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it is a real head turner and conversation piece.
MikGsxr
On the main road

Post by MikGsxr »

more pics:
http://garageprojectmotorcycles.tumblr. ... cafe-racer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
h2viking
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500

Post by h2viking »

very nice bike !
perfect tank,i really like it !
is it possible for me to get a similar tank anywhere ?
MikGsxr
On the main road

Post by MikGsxr »

h2viking wrote:very nice bike !
perfect tank,i really like it !
is it possible for me to get a similar tank anywhere ?
tank is available at: http://www.discovolantemoto.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MikGsxr
On the main road

Post by MikGsxr »

Made some changes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dagersh
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1968 Cobra 2001 'Busa

Post by dagersh »

Beautiful!!!!!!