GT750 Drag Bike

Retro, Wild, Cafe, etc. The stuff only your imagination can come up with.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Re: GT750 Drag Bike

Post by Suzukidave »

Durn .. $120.00 to run :shock:
the older i get the faster i was
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Nice picture Kevin. You are getting that wheelie thing every time now by the looks of things. How far is it supposed to rise for a perfect launch?

Did I tell you mine has all sorts of scuff marks on the pistons after only a few miles? I need to work out which bank to rob to pay for another set of pistons. So far I have pulled 3 motors apart and all had new pistons that needed to be thrown out already. Maybe I'll start mixing some oil with race gas to see if I can cure that mode of failure.
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 Suzuki GT750

Post by water cooled »

Smokin Joe was my crew-chief this weekend and a huge help in making this weekend successful for our team. Here are some pictures he took and posted on the S/E Forum of the race. Hope you enjoy them. BTW, the event was an All Harley Race Event with 9 Ricers.... I know now how Custer felt

http://supereliminator.myfastforum.org/ ... ut610.html
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Congrats on runner up spot plus #1 qualifier AND two new records - Speed and ET.

What a weekend.
Suzukidave
Moto GP

Post by Suzukidave »

Great pictures of the event .. kudos to the records set :up:
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

Here are some more pictures of the 9 bikes during Qualifying on Saturday

http://www.motolenzphotos.com/dragracin ... age57.html
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Nice pics. What 's the story with that oversized "stock" H2 with a 12.8/103. That must have been a hack of a 60' time but why so slow at the deep end? Did he roll off or have a problem or ??

I wonder what he or Smoking Joe or Dave D or Doug F could do on my bike. Part of me wants to know what the bike is capable of and the other part of me doesn't want to know how bad I suck at drag racing. :shock: :lol:
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

R, I watched that bike make a few passes. It was one of the new racers that joined us. Great looking bike w lots of power and he could sure launched it hard. Small street tire seemed tricky to hook up consistently. I think he will get that bike dialed in for the September race.

Richard I think you did fine last year for your first season competing in National events. You and Cindy both picked up record for your GT and Yamaha. Gorgeous bike, both of them. Just keep coming back and push those records a little lower each time. Btw, I'm sure you will be able to convince a number of guys to take your bike for a spin to see what it will do. That's what Friday nights are for!
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Thanks Kevin.

That H2 guy must have been launching really hard. Thank goodness he's in a bigger capacity class.

I had planned to fit a set of "bigger HP barrels" for this year, but that will make the bike even harder to ride and be consistent and that's not a good plan, so for September I just need to buy new boots or another roll of duct tape to hold them together. Let me see now: ported barrels with all sorts of machining plus new pistons and new boots or 1 roll of duct tape? :?

That was easy :lol:
KenBB
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: none

Post by KenBB »

Hi Guys,

Ken from BikeBuilds.net here.  Nice GT750 drag bike!

We were glad to add water cooled's bike to our directory: http://www.bikebuilds.net/suzuki-gt750- ... ter-cooled

If anyone would like to have a build of their own listed, just send me a message with a link to the build thread and we'll take care of the rest.

Ken
D&D CHASSIS
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 dragbike

Post by D&D CHASSIS »

tz375 wrote:Nice pics. What 's the story with that oversized "stock" H2 with a 12.8/103. That must have been a hack of a 60' time but why so slow at the deep end? Did he roll off or have a problem or ??

I wonder what he or Smoking Joe or Dave D or Doug F could do on my bike. Part of me wants to know what the bike is capable of and the other part of me doesn't want to know how bad I suck at drag racing. :shock: :lol:
I`ll make a lap or two on that thing!!
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Kevin, that didn't go according to plan - someone forgot to order nice weather. It didn't dampen the enthusiasm and good feeling, great company and a feast on Saturday night. A great weekend despite the weather.

An amazing turn out of bikes and riders and others from all over the world. We were really hoping to see a 9 second run in qualifying and deep into teh 9s on Sunday. What was the final outcome?
Suzukidave
Moto GP

Post by Suzukidave »

Richard , were you able to race the P.T. ?
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Not this time but did get to spend time visiting with Kevin and Bob Prior from Australia, and the GT750 brains trust from the past. After that I just got in everyone's way. Good weekend just to hang out.
Suzukidave
Moto GP

Post by Suzukidave »

I wish i could have been there but no way :(