Suzuki Dragbike

Retro, Wild, Cafe, etc. The stuff only your imagination can come up with.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

D&D CHASSIS
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 dragbike

Re: Suzuki Dragbike

Post by D&D CHASSIS »

Any progress?
Herman T
On the main road

Post by Herman T »

Wow, I guess we don't get email notifications for thread replies either. Today is the first time I have seen your post Dave.

The bike isn't ready yet. No surprise there I guess. At times I think about selling it but then I think about how long I have had it and wanted to ride it down the track and how sick I would be watching someone else do that so I am keeping it. There has also been a lot of people helping me to get it ready and I don't want to let everyone down.

The day will come and when that happens I know I am going to say that I should have gotten the bike completed long ago but it hasn't been as easy as it seems, due to many circumstances beyond my control. I'm just happy that I still have the bike and have gotten as far as I have with it. It's definitely a cool old school dragbike. Exactly what I like so much.
Jimroid
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT500 T500 GT750

Post by Jimroid »

What is it lacking at this point?
Herman T
On the main road

Post by Herman T »

The biggest thing for me is that I don't have a good place to work on the bike as it is stored in a small shed right now. I'm stuck at the point where I need to get the new front wheel on the bike and because of where it is, I can't get the bike raised up. I thought about getting 2 scissor lifts to put under the frame and raise the bike up that way. Only thing is, I need another person to do the other side so the lifts can be raised at the same time. Whenever I'm free, my help isn't it seems. After that, I need to hook up a front brake. I have the brake lever and cylinder. I don't think I have the brake hose but that's no biggie. Everything else is little stuff like securing the battery, making sure the fuel lines are feeding the carbs correctly because I don't like the current setup that I have. It appears that one of the carbs runs low on gas when I start the bike and idle it. I don't like the fuel line routing. There are other things but all of them are little things to get done. I am so close, but yet so far.
Jimroid
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT500 T500 GT750

Post by Jimroid »

If you get reinvigorated this winter and get the front end on, let me know what you need for a brake hose. I have one or two spares around.
johnu
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500

Post by johnu »

You could use a ratchet strap or two too raise the front end up (if you have rafters in your shed of course) :up:
Herman T
On the main road

Post by Herman T »

The rafters are on the thin side if I remember right. Earlier this year I was looking and considering lifting using the rafters but I'm pretty sure I was leary of doing it that way. Definitely worth considering again though. I will take a look.