T125 Project

Retro, Wild, Cafe, etc. The stuff only your imagination can come up with.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

tbh37620
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GSXRs,T125,T20,etc

T125 Project

Post by tbh37620 »

Well I figured I would start a build thread rather than posting all my individual questions in the general street bike area.

I finally snagged a T125 a while back, it was in very corroded shape but was complete. I plan on restoring it and also modifying it also.
Here is a picture of how the bike sits now, working on putting a T20 front end on it now.

Got the engine out and torn down and now starting the hunt for parts.

My main question right now is on the main bearings. This is my first engine rebuild on a horizontally split case. What are my options for getting bearings the have the appropriate grooves and holes for the retaining clips/posts? I can find the right sized bearings but they do not have the grooves and blind holes. I have seen some people use loctite to keep the bearings from spinning.

Also, anyone know of other later model bikes that share the same middle seal or these other non-generic crankshaft parts? GT185 maybe?

Thanks,
dollydog
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: several gt250 ramairs

Re: T125 Project

Post by dollydog »

try this for all the parts numbers [usually] :D
http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cheers, dd.
GTS250 road registered. TS250 engine, Ramair frame.
GT250 big bang road registered. Both pistons fire the same time. USD forks.
GT285 road registered. Overbored - 58mm and TS125 +2 pistons fitted.
GT10 road registered. '65 T10 engine, GT250 frame.
tbh37620
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GSXRs,T125,T20,etc

Re: T125 Project

Post by tbh37620 »

Besides the bearings and seals are there any other parts on that crank I should plan on replacing? I plan on sending it to Crank Works to be rebuilt so they will be installing all the inner components.