T500 - uncle / nephew build

Retro, Wild, Cafe, etc. The stuff only your imagination can come up with.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

RJRamso
On the street

T500 - uncle / nephew build

Post by RJRamso »

My nephew has been really getting into the cafe racer / brat bikes. And since I've been wanting him to start messing around with mechanical stuff and me and the missus not haveing a xmas present, I figured out it was time to get his hands dirty. We have been talking about doing some stuff to my Cobra, to get it a little closer to the cafe style than it already is. So I figured out why not give hime his own T500 project for xmas, so we can hit the roads together in awhile. I guy I know had a 72 frame and some other parts, so I baught that. For the xmaspresent I wrote a card with some hints. He figured out that it was cafe-racer and he thaught he and I was going to rebuild my Cobra and thaught it was new exhaust for it in the duct-taped xmaspresent. When he opened it and saw the frame and the title in his name, I guess he got quite shocked and happy :)
Anyway, here's a few pics. The Cobra tank is a extra tank I have. He really likes it, so we'll se what he ends up doing. He'll be needing an engine and a front end, and then we'll see as it goes. Maybe we'll be hireing grandpa in the workshop aswell so he can help and teach us machining new parts. It's about time he retires from being a teacher at the mechanical votech school.

Here's a few pics to start with.

We'll see how this one will bee. Maybe looseing the fenders, another seat and I sure would like a pair of expansion chambers from those Titan guys across the fjord from me :) They sure has the looks and the sound I like :)

65 T20 Hustler
66 T20 Hustler
67 K11 Cavalier
67 K10 Corsair
67 TC250 Scrambler
68 AS100 Sierra
68 T305 Raider
68 T500 Cobra
2 x 69 AC100 Wolf
71 T125 Stinger
77 GT125
AC50R Supersports
Warehouse1001

Re: T500 - uncle / nephew build

Post by Warehouse1001 »

Now that's a present one won't soon forget. Got me thinking.....
titan performance
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS100, T200, GT250, T500, GT500, GT550, GT750, GS750

Re: T500 - uncle / nephew build

Post by titan performance »

Wow...great story. Lucky young fella !
Keep us informed with the progress.
Keeping old 2 strokes alive !