GT750 Dragbike FOR SALE

Retro, Wild, Cafe, etc. The stuff only your imagination can come up with.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

tz375
Moto GP

Re: GT750 Dragbike FOR SALE

Post by tz375 »

Thanks for the reminder. I need to add a couple of frame tubes and some bracing at a reasonable price with good quality fab work.

I'll call when I'm ready to go that next step.
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 Suzuki GT750

Post by water cooled »

I think D&D will be too busy this winter working on my chassis to do much on yours Richard. :D Dave offered to put my bike on a diet and there is no one better than The Derrick brothers when it comes to this stuff. They are as good as it gets...
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

So I take it that I have to drop my chassis off at Dave's place while you are out playing in Georgia later this month :wink:

I am pretty sure they can fit in your weight loss program. BTW, I already removed all the subframe on the next frame and replaced it with an R1 Aluminum subframe, and all that thick heavy steel around the steering head is long gone as are the cast lower engine mounts. I think that my frame is stiff enough but I'd like a couple of perimeter frame tubes welded in to tie the steering head to the swingarm pivot better and I'm not confident about the stiffness of the swingarm pivot. I thing there's room for improvement there too.

What I should have done was to have Dave and Matt build a whole new chrome moly frame, but I'm guessing that would blow my mini budget, so my plan is more along the lines of "Hey Mister, how much lightness can I get for all this change I found in the couch ?"

If I don't get a chance to talk to you before you head south, good luck and have fun.
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

Yep...you have a small window to get your bike there before mine. lol As soon as Im back from the Manufacturers Cup, the bike comes apart. Cases get split and the rolling chassis will be ready to send out.

Thanks for the warm wishes regarding Valdosta. I think it will be a lot of fun. Im going to take my best shot at an official 9.9 run. Hopefully the cold air will help a bit. Over the last few days, i've stripped everything off the bike that is unnecessary. Logger, steering stabilizer, covers, hardware, sensors, wiring and plumbing. I've removed 8 lbs. so far which should put the bike at 372 lbs. with wheelie bars and 357 without....

Its never easy but id love nothing more than to back up a 9.9 at this race.

Its been a great season so far. I recorded two 9.9 passes at different tracks (Thompson in July and Martin US-131 in September), broke the "Modified" ET and MPH record a few times, twice ran 1.38 sec 60 ft, and ran above 133 MPH (again at different tracks).

Never sure about what the future holds but Im going to give it hell next week...you can count on that.
D&D CHASSIS
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 dragbike

Post by D&D CHASSIS »

So are we talking full tilt altered?
Basically what a pro stock would have looked like in '83.......They have to look period correct in my opinion
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

...whatever it takes to to run a 9.3
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Kevin, Did I read that right? You are planning on changing from a heavy MODIFIED to full tilt boogie ALTERED? Way to go.

Now I'm tempted to go and get that other rolling chassis and see if I can't put yours on the trailer. :wink: . It is so easy to get sucked into that. Thank goodness I'm broke or else I'd be .... even more broke :shock: :lol:

Go for the nines. Good luck
Herman T
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 dragbike

Post by Herman T »

What am I missing here? The frame on the Fortino/Prior/Derrick bike is an altered frame and also part of a very special bike. Why not put the Hatchet motor in that frame? Richard F. is probably selling it very reasonably. Then if you ever want to go back to what you have now, it's a simple (for you anyways) change back to your current setup.
Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Post by Suzukidave »

Herman T wrote:What am I missing here? The frame on the Fortino/Prior/Derrick bike is an altered frame and also part of a very special bike. Why not put the Hatchet motor in that frame? Richard F. is probably selling it very reasonably. Then if you ever want to go back to what you have now, it's a simple (for you anyways) change back to your current setup.
Or run 2 classes :up:
the older i get the faster i was
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

Gary, if I bought the Prior/Fortino altered chassis, then there would still only be one GT750 racing. If Richard acquires it, there would be two. The goal is to get more GT750s racing competitively in S/E. Richard could be a good challenger w the Fortino frame. For me, I need to work w D&D on a chassis that can take my motor to the next level
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Kevin is right, we would like to see more Suzukis out there in 2015 either each in their own sub class or in the same classes. It's bracket racing - dial your own and everyone has a chance to do well and to have some serious fun at a reasonable cost.

To Herman's point, The rolling chassis is cheap and with even a stock motor, anyone could set a record, have some fun and maybe even win a race or two. Upgrade to a faster after you get used to it.

Seriously, I cannot imagine a cheaper way to get a drag race bike. I couldn't build a replacement chassis at anywhere close to the low price of that bike and Richard Fortino is also selling the bottom end of that race motor with a late model semi close ratio transmission.

Buy a great bike from a great guy (a legend in GT750 racing) at a great price.

You could be running in the tens in no time and down in the nines not long after.
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Kevin,

did you say 9.3? That's an ambitious target. Are you looking for extra horses this winter or just less weight?

I'm guessing that we will see hollow or Ti Axles in 2015. And Ti studs, aluminum screws, Ti chassis bolts, Al sprocket nuts to go with the thin wall chrome moly frame tubes and Carbon fiber fuel tank shell. etc.

Just make sure that you don't lighten your wallet faster than the bike. :wink: :lol:
Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Post by Suzukidave »

I still wonder if streamlining the bike would help ?
the older i get the faster i was