BIMOTA GT1 Project

Retro, Wild, Cafe, etc. The stuff only your imagination can come up with.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

wolfgangh
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750

Re: BIMOTA GT1 Project

Post by wolfgangh »

Hello tz375,
I wonder which youtube video you are referring to. If it is the link that Alan provided, with the semi-completed bike and a provisional gas tank, it was definitely running on 2 cylinders there due to a broken orange +12V supply to one of the coils.

If you watch the other video where I am on the first test run, all cylinders are firing but it is still pretty weak off idle compared to my stock GT750
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Well that would explain why it sounded like it was running on two.... :lol:

Try adjusting the air jets and see if that helps it to pick up a little faster. With wild porting, low end will be weak, but it should be better than the other video of you riding around the yard.

How did you modify the baffles to reduce noise? That may also be contributing. BTW, where is the inlet port timing - stock or much lower? Lowering the intake port has a detrimental impact on low end performance. Much of the drop in low end performance on the M model compared to earlier is said to be the loss of exhaust coupler tubes, I believe that the lower intake on MAB is the primary cause of loss of low end.
wolfgangh
Around the block

Post by wolfgangh »

I checked my cold compression now - only 120 - 130 psi. I guess I take 1mm off my heads
wolfgangh
Around the block

Post by wolfgangh »

Check a 360 deg view of my BIMOTA kettle

https://youtu.be/yTjVQWJiM80
wolfgangh
Around the block

Post by wolfgangh »

I finished modification of my original GT750 tach with modern internals. Electronics and mechanics is a MOTOGADGET CLASSIC instrument, with a customized face and the cup and externals from GT750. This way I have a “race-style” single instrument as analog tach, but integrated digital display for speed, odo, water temp, gear, acceleration, max. speed, max. RPM, etc etc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.