GT750 Drag Bike

Retro, Wild, Cafe, etc. The stuff only your imagination can come up with.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

D&D CHASSIS
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 dragbike

Re: GT750 Drag Bike

Post by D&D CHASSIS »

The fz 400 wheel would be good with a 5.5 in slick
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 Suzuki GT750

Post by water cooled »

2014 Manufacturers Cup World Finals - Super Eliminator
L-R: Butch Million #1 Qualifier, Kevin Hutchinson, Bill Baxter - Quickest (normally aspirated) Kaw H2 on the planet.

Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Post by Suzukidave »

2 thumbs up Kevin :up: :up:
the older i get the faster i was
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

Thanks Dave! Small field of highly competitive bikes running off the old IDBA rules. The dial-in for each bike is the current national record. Whoever is closest wins. Different format than normal but all the bikes there were capable of running on or under the record. Butch Million caught a monster blast on his H-2 during Qualifying and lowered the national record for his subclass by 0.50 sec which is unheard of. Great air (-500 ft) and perfectly prepared track. Butch was going to be very tough to beat...I had him in the semi-finals and it was a great race. I say that because I won. :ssh: :wink:
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

I stumbled across this today....scroll down part way! Suzuki GT-750 representing the Super Eliminator class and all the racers on this board that love the Water Buffalo!

http://www.eatmyink.com/events/2014/Man ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom Garcia
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT250 x 2, GS1100E

Post by Tom Garcia »

COOL KEVIN! CONGRATS!
83 GS1100, 74 H2, 76 GT250 Cafe, and 72 GT250
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

Tom!!!! How are you.? Great to hear from you! Are you still nearby? Ive been putting those GT motors you gave me to very good use.!

Hope you are doing well and would really like to get together. Any projects youre working on?
Tom Garcia
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT250 x 2, GS1100E

Post by Tom Garcia »

Kevin... Yep! I work from home for the same company...Parma...much better arrangement. It looks like you've been making some progress! Glad you could make good use of the motors. AND...I still have that solid copper head gasket for you from Dave. Maybe we can hook up for lunch one day... Hope all is well at your end... Tom
83 GS1100, 74 H2, 76 GT250 Cafe, and 72 GT250
D&D CHASSIS
Around the block

Post by D&D CHASSIS »

Any progress?
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

Dave,

Steady progress:

Im putting together a backup motor - bottom end. It'll have a late model transmission with some shifting mods, new (rebuilt) crank by Bill Bune and the lockup clutch and spacer cover.

In a parallel path, the logger does a great job of recording the runs but my computer is not allowing the files to download. Ive been working with Randy at RPM on that issue. I can download onto Bill Baxter's computer but not my own. The logger will play a more significant role this year as I fine tune the current clutch and start working on the lockup later this year.

Im going to take about 6 more lbs (total) off the static clutch springs and see what it does to the rpm drop and 60 foot times.

The fuel tank needs some work and might have to be repainted. John Gilchrist is blasting a number of parts for me and as usual, the results are great. A set of 1976 cases will be on their way to him next week.

What are your thoughts about coming to Thompson for the Independence Day Explosion Event....Its a well attended one day event with a Fireworks display at the end of the night...
Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Post by Suzukidave »

water cooled wrote: What are your thoughts about coming to Thompson for the Independence Day Explosion Event....Its a well attended one day event with a Fireworks display at the end of the night...
Sounds like fun :up:
the older i get the faster i was
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

6 pounds off the spring pressure is fine, but how many pounds off the bike this year? :wink:
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

R,
Ive not done much at all to lighten the bike. Instead, I tried to stay focused on the lockup clutch and getting the data logger setup. I found a fairly significant issue with the fuel tank last month and had to strip it down. Dave Derrick offered to do the weld repair so he has it now. Im also building a 2nd motor (bottom end) with some bells and whistles...

Memphis is in June... Ive got a lot to get done before then and a couple test sessions at Thompson wouldnt hurt.

How are your projects going....are you going to introduce a Fortino-based laydown bike this season...? I would really love to see what that motor can produce!
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

I am months behind now and trying to finish off the TZ350 rebuild. The longer it is here, the more things I want to change/improve. When it's gone I can start to look at GT750s again.

At this stage I think I'll just pull the bike out and see what I can learn about riding it and leave all the high HP ideas alone for the moment. I have to find the bike first. It's buried under a pile of stuff in the garage.
D&D CHASSIS
Around the block

Post by D&D CHASSIS »

He has Flannery power also!