GT750 Drag Bike

Retro, Wild, Cafe, etc. The stuff only your imagination can come up with.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Re: GT750 Drag Bike

Post by Suzukidave »

I would be to embarrassed .. my only 2 stroke running is only about 60 hp :lol: but it would be fun to see some of the other Sundial guys in person . :up:
the older i get the faster i was
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1974 Suzuki GT750

Post by water cooled »

What about your EFI bike. Now that would draw some interest!
Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Post by Suzukidave »

Its never been started and now i would need Richards help to ever hope to get it running and he is a long way away :( and a busy guy .
the older i get the faster i was
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

... my only 2 stroke running is only about 60 hp but it would be fun to see some of the other Sundial guys in person .
Dave, I think I started out at about 60 HP in 2008 which was fine by me....I hadn't been on a bike in 25 years and needed a race or two to get back into the saddle.

So, that gives us 8 weeks to get the Mellow-Yellow bike up to 70-75 HP with a good tune. Plus, Richard will be at S/E-4 in September (I think) and you can bring both bikes... one to race and one to connect up all those EFI wires...

A big part of joining S/E is getting together with other 2-stroke guys and spending time. I learn something every time I get together with them. Just on this Forum alone, we have at least six guys that might be interested:

SuzukiDave
Old School (Dave from Anderson)
Gary (Herman-T)
Richard TZ375
CaptainPby
Jeff Kushner

I can post some information and links that cover the key requirements for the bike and safety gear. So whats holding you back.....it's the time of your life!
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Dave,

Do you need me to bring the 80HP block or the 100+ HP block for your bike? Or the big HP block? :wink:

We should talk off line about the EFI project to get that finished off and get it to the fine tuning stage.
busa1300
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: RGV RGV RGV RGV ......

Post by busa1300 »

I was planning on going to watch, but I would consider dusting off the leathers to hit the strip again.
I think my Aprilia RS250 would probably pull harder than my 42 year old GT750 though....?
MY TWO STROKE ADDICTION
TZR250SP 3XV2...
RS 250 Cup bike
RGV VJ21 L
RGV VJ22 FL
RGV VJ23 T
RZ 350
GT 750 J....sold.....
SX-R 800
KD 80
JR 50
RZV 500 R
https://www.youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869/videos
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

Busa....that would be great and an Aprilla RS250 would make an excellent addition to the group!

You'll need this if you dont already have one.... http://www.mpsracing.com/products/MPS/hc01.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...Just saw your thread under "Board Memeber Bikes" something tells me that you already have everything you need to race.
But here is the main link for S/E. Click on the SCHEDULE icon as well as the CLASS RECORDS page. Good info
busa1300
To the on ramp

Post by busa1300 »

Yea, I have the newest version. I bought a new one for my Hayabusa, for the first ever ECTA meet in Wilmington Ohio.
Weekend was crap to say the least......Pulled engine kill off afterwards, and it has been collecting dust ever since.

Sorry it's not a two stroke but.....
MY TWO STROKE ADDICTION
TZR250SP 3XV2...
RS 250 Cup bike
RGV VJ21 L
RGV VJ22 FL
RGV VJ23 T
RZ 350
GT 750 J....sold.....
SX-R 800
KD 80
JR 50
RZV 500 R
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

Busa,

Word is spreading that you might be joining us. Not sure if you are familiar with the Super Eliminator Forum but here is the link. You should post under "Roll Call" when you get a chance.
BTW, your 250 is very sweet! Will make a great addition. (So is the GSX but Im bias)

http://supereliminator.myfastforum.org/ ... ut600.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I see that I forgot to include the S/E link in my previous post. You can check the Schedule, Bike Classifications and Records/Indexes as well as see the Profile of many of the racers.
http://www.supereliminator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

...there is no other feeling like this moment ...

busa1300
To the on ramp

Post by busa1300 »

It's been well over 10 years since I have counted the lights down..... You really feel alive during that fraction of time... (no light at the mile run...they just say go)
Does an entrant at the Martin meet, need to be there Friday to get registered and go through tech. Or could someone just go Saturday, and make a few runs with their two stroke without getting serious about being there the whole weekend? And entrant/crew cost?
MY TWO STROKE ADDICTION
TZR250SP 3XV2...
RS 250 Cup bike
RGV VJ21 L
RGV VJ22 FL
RGV VJ23 T
RZ 350
GT 750 J....sold.....
SX-R 800
KD 80
JR 50
RZV 500 R
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

Hi Busa,
Friday is strictly Test N Tune. Some guys will run and some choose to wait. Saturday is 3 rounds of qualifying (time trials). Sunday is single eliminations and the first round is usually around 11:30am.

Does this mean your coming with us?
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

Busa, I didnt do a good job answering your questions.

It is not necessary to come Friday for registration and tech in. Friday is for Test N Tune and there are two session, one afternoon and one evening session

Saturday are the Qualifying Rounds. There are 3 rounds. You would have to be registered and tech'd in before Qualifying starts. Some racers register and tech in on Friday night to avoid lines on Saturday. Sunday is single round Eliminations.

If you plan to run in the Qualifying Rounds, you really need to race on Sunday - Eliminations. Otherwise is screws up the pairings.

There is a "per-person" gate fee to get in. Then, there is a fee to race which is $120.....all of the race fee goes back to our class for the payout.

Check out this site for more details. http://www.supereliminator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Click 2014 SCHEDULE and go down to Super Eliminator Nationals 3 AMRA if you plan to race in August or scroll down to Super Eliminator Nationals 4 AMSNOW if you plan to race in September.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Herman T
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 dragbike

Post by Herman T »

Maybe I missed the post on here but if not, Kevin (water cooled) got into the 9's (9.9958 at 133.6 mph) earlier this month. This is a huge accomplishment as there has only been a couple other GT750's that have reached the 9's in the past and those were decades ago.

Congratulations Kevin on reaching your goal. I just wish I could have been there when it happened. I hope to see it again at Michigan.
water cooled
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by water cooled »

Hi Gary,

Here are some pictures from earlier this month.....Smokin Joe had invited me to join him at Thompson for the Independence Eve Explosion event. Huge crowd and tons of vintage cars. Thompson is a great place and 2-strokers are very well received by the crowd.

You are correct....there are only two other sub-10 passes in history on a GT750. Miller/Fortino - USA and John Davies - UK both on Altered bikes. Mine might be the first "Modified" into the 9s. Difference being chromoly custom frame vs. stock frame.

I ran the 9.99 right off the trailer and backed it up with a 10.03 @ 132 on the next pass. I always have good luck at Thompson and theres nothing better than spending a day with Smokin Joe and his stunning '73 H2. On the time slip, you can see the guy in the other lane shelacked me on his modern turbo bike but I was ok with that. I dreamed about holding that ticket for many years....

First picture is Smokin Joe spankin a sled. Since this was a "bracket" elimination, the sled left first and Joe had to play catch up. He caught the sled by half track and just stayed ahead of him the rest of the way for the win! Joe and I raced well into the night before both of us got eliminated around 1 am.