My small Suzukies

Photos and progress of your restorations, even bikes you had but no longer own.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

Jimroid
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT500 T500 GT750

Re: My small Suzukies

Post by Jimroid »

Fantastic collection you have there! Looks like a lot of fun.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

Excellent collection.
I remember the M12 very well, I had one back in 1967/8.
Great little bike - I eventually seized it solid and sold it for spares.
I still have the original chrome points cover - but very rusty!
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
RJRamso
On the street

Post by RJRamso »

Thanks alot!
Yes, the M12s are fun, really small, but runs good. Last September it was my fathers 50th aniversary with it. Baught it new when he was 15.
You'll need to put the cover on your wall in the garage, and it'll give you lots of stories :)
65 T20 Hustler
66 T20 Hustler
67 K11 Cavalier
67 K10 Corsair
67 TC250 Scrambler
68 AS100 Sierra
68 T305 Raider
68 T500 Cobra
2 x 69 AC100 Wolf
71 T125 Stinger
77 GT125
AC50R Supersports
RJRamso
On the street

Post by RJRamso »

AC50R

65 T20 Hustler
66 T20 Hustler
67 K11 Cavalier
67 K10 Corsair
67 TC250 Scrambler
68 AS100 Sierra
68 T305 Raider
68 T500 Cobra
2 x 69 AC100 Wolf
71 T125 Stinger
77 GT125
AC50R Supersports
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Post by Alan H »

Pretty things. Got the looks of the Stinger on a slightly smaller scale.
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
othen
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: B120, Triumph Scrambler

Post by othen »

What a marvelous collection of small Suzukis that is.

I acquired a barn find B120 (1976 model) a few weeks ago. It had been laid up for 30 years (it still has the 1986 tax disk fitted, an original V5 (I've sent the bottom part to DVLA to get a new logbook), the original owner's handbook and the original sales receipt for £279.50).

The bike was rolling, but certainly not running, when I picked it up on Gumtree. My aim is to get it back on the road for about £100, then run it as a survivor restoration. So far I have:

1. Stripped the wheels back to the bare (rusty!) metal and painted the rims with black enamel (the chrome could not be saved), and rubbed off the thick silver paint that had been applied (about 30 years ago). Fitted a new tube to the rear and new tyre to the front.
2. Freed up the front brake cable (the brake now works fine).
3. Fitted a new ignition switch (the new replacement came from Thailand and only cost $15). The switch had been compromise by someone trying to hot wire it (years ago I should think) so I had to rewire it - the little wiring diagram in the owner's handbook was fine. Fitted a new battery.
4. Painted the front mudguard black enamel (the chrome could not be saved).
5. Refilled the forks with some oil, amazingly they don't leak and seem to damp quite well).
6. Fitted new points, which after some fiddling produced a spark.
7. Cleaned out the carburetor (the float was stuck to the bottom of the bowl in some 30 year old dried up stuff.
8. Patched the exhaust and painted it with black manifold paint (again, the chrome could not be saved).
9. Refilled the transmission with 10W40 (there was nowhere near 800cc in it).
10. Got it running: when it became obvious that the drive side crank seal was compromised, as the engine started consuming transmission oil. Perhaps this is why the bike was taken off the road 30 years ago as the gearbox didn't have much oil in it but doesn't leak?
11. Rubbed off loads of surface rust, treated some with Jenolite.
12. Welded a neat patch into the left side of the swinging arm.
13. Drained out the 30 year old oil that was in the tank (which seems to be about 80W).

There are still loads of jobs to do, just to make it into a runner:

1. Fit the crank seal, the new part arrived the other day (only £4.70 delivered), but getting to it may take a little while.
2. Remove the idle mixture screw, which has sheared off flush with the carburetor body.
3. Get the electrics working: it is pretty simple and a few lights work, but there are lots of bad connections and earths to find and fix.
4. Find out what else works, or doesn't...

I'll post some photos when I've worked out how.

I've enjoyed this little renovation project. This was a cheap, ride to work bike when it was made, so never will be worth anything, so I intend to keep the budget to a minimum (more as a challenge than a necessity). It is simple but well engineered, and quite good fun to work on.

Alan
RJRamso
On the street

Post by RJRamso »

Alan H wrote:Pretty things. Got the looks of the Stinger on a slightly smaller scale.

I'd love to have a Stinger!
65 T20 Hustler
66 T20 Hustler
67 K11 Cavalier
67 K10 Corsair
67 TC250 Scrambler
68 AS100 Sierra
68 T305 Raider
68 T500 Cobra
2 x 69 AC100 Wolf
71 T125 Stinger
77 GT125
AC50R Supersports
RJRamso
On the street

Post by RJRamso »

Wow, sure sounds like you've done alot to that bike already! Congrats on it by the way! The way to go is to get it rideable and start riding it! Can't get more fun than that!
Pics would be great :D
othen wrote:What a marvelous collection of small Suzukis that is.

I acquired a barn find B120 (1976 model) a few weeks ago. It had been laid up for 30 years (it still has the 1986 tax disk fitted, an original V5 (I've sent the bottom part to DVLA to get a new logbook), the original owner's handbook and the original sales receipt for £279.50).

The bike was rolling, but certainly not running, when I picked it up on Gumtree. My aim is to get it back on the road for about £100, then run it as a survivor restoration. So far I have:

1. Stripped the wheels back to the bare (rusty!) metal and painted the rims with black enamel (the chrome could not be saved), and rubbed off the thick silver paint that had been applied (about 30 years ago). Fitted a new tube to the rear and new tyre to the front.
2. Freed up the front brake cable (the brake now works fine).
3. Fitted a new ignition switch (the new replacement came from Thailand and only cost $15). The switch had been compromise by someone trying to hot wire it (years ago I should think) so I had to rewire it - the little wiring diagram in the owner's handbook was fine. Fitted a new battery.
4. Painted the front mudguard black enamel (the chrome could not be saved).
5. Refilled the forks with some oil, amazingly they don't leak and seem to damp quite well).
6. Fitted new points, which after some fiddling produced a spark.
7. Cleaned out the carburetor (the float was stuck to the bottom of the bowl in some 30 year old dried up stuff.
8. Patched the exhaust and painted it with black manifold paint (again, the chrome could not be saved).
9. Refilled the transmission with 10W40 (there was nowhere near 800cc in it).
10. Got it running: when it became obvious that the drive side crank seal was compromised, as the engine started consuming transmission oil. Perhaps this is why the bike was taken off the road 30 years ago as the gearbox didn't have much oil in it but doesn't leak?
11. Rubbed off loads of surface rust, treated some with Jenolite.
12. Welded a neat patch into the left side of the swinging arm.
13. Drained out the 30 year old oil that was in the tank (which seems to be about 80W).

There are still loads of jobs to do, just to make it into a runner:

1. Fit the crank seal, the new part arrived the other day (only £4.70 delivered), but getting to it may take a little while.
2. Remove the idle mixture screw, which has sheared off flush with the carburetor body.
3. Get the electrics working: it is pretty simple and a few lights work, but there are lots of bad connections and earths to find and fix.
4. Find out what else works, or doesn't...

I'll post some photos when I've worked out how.

I've enjoyed this little renovation project. This was a cheap, ride to work bike when it was made, so never will be worth anything, so I intend to keep the budget to a minimum (more as a challenge than a necessity). It is simple but well engineered, and quite good fun to work on.

Alan
65 T20 Hustler
66 T20 Hustler
67 K11 Cavalier
67 K10 Corsair
67 TC250 Scrambler
68 AS100 Sierra
68 T305 Raider
68 T500 Cobra
2 x 69 AC100 Wolf
71 T125 Stinger
77 GT125
AC50R Supersports
RJRamso
On the street

Post by RJRamso »

This is a bit to new for me looking at the rest of my bikes, but I just could not resist! It's a 77 GT125. A lovely small bike! Have ordered new tires for it since the ones on it are too big. Holy smokes it sounds awsome! 9500rpms sure makes it whine! :D

65 T20 Hustler
66 T20 Hustler
67 K11 Cavalier
67 K10 Corsair
67 TC250 Scrambler
68 AS100 Sierra
68 T305 Raider
68 T500 Cobra
2 x 69 AC100 Wolf
71 T125 Stinger
77 GT125
AC50R Supersports
Sandman
Around the block
Suzuki 2-Strokes: TS100 TS125 TM125 RM125

Post by Sandman »

You may not believe me, but it honestly true. That picture of your black A100 showing the side cover with the North West Honda dealer sticker caught my eye. I literally went right past the location of that dealer TODAY! I live in the area, and was in Niles, IL and looked right at the building thinking of the place. The dealer is long gone, but I remember going there in the 1970's when it was open. And now that Suzuki is in Norway.

You have to love how the internet works sometimes! :!:
RJRamso
On the street

Post by RJRamso »

That's so cool! What's at that place today? Would really like to go past it one day ;) we will see next time I'm back in The midwest!
Sandman wrote:You may not believe me, but it honestly true. That picture of your black A100 showing the side cover with the North West Honda dealer sticker caught my eye. I literally went right past the location of that dealer TODAY! I live in the area, and was in Niles, IL and looked right at the building thinking of the place. The dealer is long gone, but I remember going there in the 1970's when it was open. And now that Suzuki is in Norway.

You have to love how the internet works sometimes! :!:
65 T20 Hustler
66 T20 Hustler
67 K11 Cavalier
67 K10 Corsair
67 TC250 Scrambler
68 AS100 Sierra
68 T305 Raider
68 T500 Cobra
2 x 69 AC100 Wolf
71 T125 Stinger
77 GT125
AC50R Supersports
RJRamso
On the street

Post by RJRamso »

Finally found the bike I've wanted since I started collecting the Suzukies. T125 Stinger. It's just so super cool and I love the nakededness of it with the lack of sidecovers and open frame.
This bike is a total project. I baught it here in Norway, but it was baught in Minneapolis a few years ago. The exhaust was missing but I managed to get ahold of a pair here in Norway. From the pictures I've seen, the 71 has black mufflers and chrome spark arrestors. Mine are chrome and I'm missing one sparkarrestor. I'm also missing the enginecover over the sprocket, aircleaner, headlight glass/lamp and a correct front fender. My AC100s has the correct ones, but the one on the bike now is for a regular A100.
I've got a green bike from before, the AC50R, so I'm thinking of going with the gold/yellow color they had. I really like that color.

65 T20 Hustler
66 T20 Hustler
67 K11 Cavalier
67 K10 Corsair
67 TC250 Scrambler
68 AS100 Sierra
68 T305 Raider
68 T500 Cobra
2 x 69 AC100 Wolf
71 T125 Stinger
77 GT125
AC50R Supersports
garry55
Yeah Man, the Interstate
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 hybrids (x2) RGV500

Post by garry55 »

great collection of little Suzuki's :up:

only one you are missing is my TC120.............

a Stinger on steroids................... :D
Garry

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I know I can stop anytime.