New winter project

Photos and progress of your restorations, even bikes you had but no longer own.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: New winter project

Post by Alan H »

Managed to get the 20 odd year old Hi-Tec tyres off the GSX550 Katana wheels yesterday (with bfo tyre levers - ooh me poor fingers!) And a couple of hammers pliers ( to get tge tube valves tgrough the 'rims'. Bearings out so now need to check stock to see what I actually need, then get the wheels powder coated before bearings are fitted , of course.
Found out that the 'plate' for the electrics was missing, so bought 2 - as the plate on the 550B is missing too! The list of stuff for the powder coater is getting bigger as well - frame, tinware, wheels, GS swing arm etc. Might end up with GS750 forks & yokes as the originals are shot, plus they are only 'single disc' and there will be 2 at the front, also I can fit GS550 clocks to upset even more purists.....
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.
Alan H
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 4 x GT550s - J, M, A, B.

Re: New winter project

Post by Alan H »

Got the engine back - updates with pics here - https://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/ ... hp?t=13928
Plus the GS550 wheels are back from the powder coaters - blingy metalflake silver.
Got to sell a couple of the other 550s so I have some garage space to work on the Dunstall......
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of them are more stupid than that.