Tank Cleaning

Photos and progress of your restorations, even bikes you had but no longer own.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

Warehouse1001

Re: Tank Cleaning

Post by Warehouse1001 »

I have heard good things about POR15. Just haven't used it. With regards to Kreem, I have witnessed numerous failures. Might be the ethanol...don't know. When I find something that works I usually stick to it like glue. Especially given what it costs for a professional paint job on these bikes. A painter I'm not....
TJCOOL
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1976 SUZUKI GT 250A

Post by TJCOOL »

let tank soak two days in vinegar...rinse and used pressure washer on inside...not too bad at all..rinse with some low odour varathane...will seal when dried out inside..moved tank to house...the uTube videos are a great thing to watch....
TJCOOL
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1976 SUZUKI GT 250A

Post by TJCOOL »

sealed tank using caswell...bought it because of quantity was just perfect for two coats..the other stuff came in the huge gallon type cans..too much waste....anyway the caswell did very well..the best thing about it was the fact it had NO TOXIC smell...did two coats and the stuff hardens like rock..very stiff rubbery rock....very ez to administer and apply...can't tell if I covered entire inside of tank but from what I could see it did coat well..thanks for the info..another thing is it was available in my province....THAT alone bowled me over..

thanks

TJ
Warehouse1001

Post by Warehouse1001 »

TJ
Glad the Caswell worked well for you. I'm a big fan of the stuff . Chuck