One Owner T500

Photos and progress of your restorations, even bikes you had but no longer own.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

Mgmark
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: ‘75 GT750, '19 Triumph T100

One Owner T500

Post by Mgmark »

Hi Guys, I picked up this '74 T500 from the original owner, with the original 1974 title from when it was purchased new. I wouldn't call it a barn find, as it was in much better condition than that, but it still needs all of the usual maintenance items any old bike would need.
So far the carbs have been cleaned, rebuilt petcock, new oem air filter. I set the points and timing and it started right up. Still needs the brakes looked at, cables lubed, new chain, repack the wheel bearings, fork seals. I'd like some folding passenger pegs instead of the stock fixed pegs.
The chrome is tired but passable, as is the paint although faded on the tops of the side covers.
I had a 1971 T500 about 12 years or so ago and really liked riding it. It is a bit bigger than Yamaha RDs and fits me well, so I've been kinda keeping an eye out for another one to keep.
My goal is to have it ready to ride at the Deals Gap meet this year.

Mark

sbaugz
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500, S32-2, GT185

Re: One Owner T500

Post by sbaugz »

Mgmark wrote:Hi Guys, I picked up this '74 T500 from the original owner, with the original 1974 title from when it was purchased new. I wouldn't call it a barn find, as it was in much better condition than that, but it still needs all of the usual maintenance items any old bike would need.
So far the carbs have been cleaned, rebuilt petcock, new oem air filter. I set the points and timing and it started right up. Still needs the brakes looked at, cables lubed, new chain, repack the wheel bearings, fork seals. I'd like some folding passenger pegs instead of the stock fixed pegs.
The chrome is tired but passable, as is the paint although faded on the tops of the side covers.
I had a 1971 T500 about 12 years or so ago and really liked riding it. It is a bit bigger than Yamaha RDs and fits me well, so I've been kinda keeping an eye out for another one to keep.
My goal is to have it ready to ride at the Deals Gap meet this year.

Mark

Looks great!