Suzuki Two-Stroke Message Board
Suzuki2Strokes.com
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:33 pm 
Still in the Driveway

Bikes owned: GT750L M109R GSX1400
Warehouse1001 wrote:
Well, having just shared this thread with several of my vintage riding buddies they all were in disbelief someone new to this forum would be treated so poorly by someone with 1700+ posts. But, the nicest of these gentleman said, "hey, maybe that guy was just having a bad day...if he's a decent guy he'll realize he was way out of line and apologize to the new guy." I guess the operative word was "if."

Yea I doubt very much that he is a decent guy so it's a very BIG if and I just put him in the dickhead basket and was going to ignore him

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:22 pm 
Around the block

Bikes owned: T250 GT 185 250 380 500 550 750x2
Alan ,you misunderstand when I said they are pushed to and from the show line, they are 100% complete restored to high standard bikes, not parts bikes.
When I show my bikes, I do it for the enjoyment of showing, not to win anything, in fact most of the shows are not judged.
I get much enjoyment from seeing high standard bikes, even if I don't do them myself. So let everyone do what they want and not to your standards.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:13 am 
AMA Superbike

Bikes owned: 2 GT550s, 1 resto, 1 GT750 and lots of spares
Neville wrote:
Warehouse1001 wrote:
Well, having just shared this thread with several of my vintage riding buddies they all were in disbelief someone new to this forum would be treated so poorly by someone with 1700+ posts. But, the nicest of these gentleman said, "hey, maybe that guy was just having a bad day...if he's a decent guy he'll realize he was way out of line and apologize to the new guy." I guess the operative word was "if."

Yea I doubt very much that he is a decent guy so it's a very BIG if and I just put him in the dickhead basket and was going to ignore him

Good. Help will always be available elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:20 am 
AMA Superbike

karl pa wrote:
Alan ,you misunderstand when I said they are pushed to and from the show line, they are 100% complete restored to high standard bikes, not parts bikes.
When I show my bikes, I do it for the enjoyment of showing, not to win anything, in fact most of the shows are not judged.
I get much enjoyment from seeing high standard bikes, even if I don't do them myself. So let everyone do what they want and not to your standards.

Each to their own Karl. Nice to look at sure, but the show ponies that aren't complete - yes, I've seen them too - aren't worth the 'effort' of looking at them. They are made to be ridden, enjoyed and maybe frighten yourself a little occasionally. It really annoys me when people look at bikes and then moan about a wrong bolt/bulb/decal/whatever when they don't have anything of their own. You show yours and I wish you well, put please, get out there and ride it, the other traffic is crap we know, but that's what it's really about.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:33 pm 
Moto GP

Bikes owned: GT750(Jx3,L,M,Ax2,B),T500
Given this is the restoration section of the board (so restoration related questions are kind of expected right ? :D ) - the 1974 model was a transition year and while it did have the brake warning label on the reservoir cap at least initially, I have yet to find proof they later had the standard foil label on the tank. One would think it would be the same as the M, and I have managed to locate one period photo of an M clearly showing the label in the same location as on the A and the B. Hope that helps ! 8)

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:25 pm 
AMA Superbike

Neville wrote:
Warehouse1001 wrote:

1st post 'I want', then further questions and doubts of what you are told without a please or thankyou.
No intro or anything polite and you then call people names.
Personally, I appreciate politeness and a bit of decorum.
Try it, it doesn't hurt. You may get more help then.
If ignorance is bliss, you must be in ecstasy.
End of subject.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:08 pm 
Still in the Driveway

Bikes owned: GT750L M109R GSX1400
Alan H wrote:
Personally, I appreciate politeness and a bit of decorum.
Try it, it doesn't hurt. You may get more help then.

Maybe you should try it yourself

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:03 am 
Moto GP

Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada
Introductions are welcome for new members but many people conceive those as bragging rights if they go on about their previous biking experiences/achievements. So its a hit and miss on many forums unfortunately, maybe a basic intro will be better for any new members outlining where they are from, bikes they own etc.

I can appreciate Nevilles reasons for wanting to know certain things as a new member, we have all joined forums and wanted to talk and share experiences when new to the site.
Even though Neville may or may not even apply any decals, its probably just for his own personal reference, thats where Ians site becomes very handy.

Alan Hs post also shows the opposite side of the fence, where such things as labels are considered 'crap' and of little or no use to him. He much prefer just riding the bike and enjoying it as it was designed. Again to each his own.

This forum has lots of members and with that comes just as much opinions, so guys please just be respectful of each others comments/opinions.
We are here as a community sharing a common passion.

The list:
69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:34 am 
Moto GP

Bikes owned: GT750(Jx3,L,M,Ax2,B),T500
Suzsmokeyallan wrote:
We are here as a community sharing a common passion.

Well said. :up:

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:48 pm 
AMA Superbike

Can't we all just get along???

Lane

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........