1967 B100P resurrection

Photos and progress of your restorations, even bikes you had but no longer own.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

pj_elia
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1967 B100P

1967 B100P resurrection

Post by pj_elia »

Hey Guys, I thought I share the thread on my 1967 B100p. I have a thread going back some time on it on VJMOG but have come to this site a number or times for information. Its too much to recreate the thread here so I'm just posting a link. Its been a fun project that has taught me a few things. Its not completely done yet, but getting close. I'll share some completed pics, soon..

http://www.vjmog.com/modules.php?name=F ... 8099#64196" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Re: 1967 B100P resurrection

Post by rngdng »

Good looking bike. I didn't read the whole thread. Did you figure out what's wrong?

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
pj_elia
Still in the Driveway

Post by pj_elia »

Lane,

There were a number of issues I had along the way. It started to run well after boring it and performing a number of things at one time. Cleaning the carb again, and checking the float level, new intake o-ring, along with new points, re-timing, new plug and cap, plus corroded magneto wiring and other terminals. Runs great now. Starts very easily and runs fine. Needed to replace the clutch and other things. Still haven't rebuilt the forks but working on the getting the brake light and charging system to work now. ...
pj_elia
Still in the Driveway

Post by pj_elia »

Before Picture:

ImagePaul
othen
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: B120, Triumph Scrambler

Post by othen »

Hi,
I've just acquired a 1976 B120, which is quite similar. I skimmed through your link, I wonder did you change the crank seals in the end? I ask because mine appears to be consuming the gear oil, so I'm pretty sure the drive side seal is leaking.
Alan