which came first...?

Photos and progress of your restorations, even bikes you had but no longer own.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, Suzsmokeyallan

greenx50
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1970 t-350

which came first...?

Post by greenx50 »

10 days into my teardown of my 1970 t350, it's been slow going because I have been video and photo documenting evenry minor step of the way, so going through lots of hand cleaner and rubber gloves...the only thing I knew of this bike when i bought it, was that it was seized. As I went along, I noticed (LOTS) of oil mixed in with mud/dirt on the engine under the carbs and in the oil pump cover, the oil inside the pump cover and on the pump seems to be baked onto the metal...me thinking the main oil line from the oil tank broke, and the engine locked up and the person crashed, the intire left side has minor damage, slightly bent left fork, broke front and rear blinkers, shifter put small dent in points cover, and left exhaust dented under foot peg. I'm almost ready to set the engine on the bench. going to be interesting to find out if the (crash caused the seizure) or if the ((seizure caused the crash))..
greenx50
Still in the Driveway
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 1970 t-350

Re:...RE: Question ?

Post by greenx50 »

ok, got the cylinders off engine on the stand... the oil pump looks fine. so my question is: if a t350 laid on the ground, on it's left side after a crash, would gear gear oil run up into the oil pump cover ? the inside of the cover and the pump had "cooked on bubbled" oil on it, seemingly like it ws hot at the time it was in there. the banjo bolt that goes into the oil tank, was broken off inside the threads, so alot of oil ran down from there for sure. in the end, none of it matters, just couriosity about it. thanks
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Re: which came first...?

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Two strokes lock up for lots of reasons other than lack of lube - once you have the barrels off you may have a better idea. 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !