TR750 frame

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

busa1300
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: RGV RGV RGV RGV ......

Re: TR750 frame

Post by busa1300 »

Looks like I'll have a couple more Suzuki 2 strokes this thanksgiving.....
The RGV deal went through....the GT will be quietly collecting parts, and keeping most if not all it's frame for the time being.
MY TWO STROKE ADDICTION
TZR250SP 3XV2...
RS 250 Cup bike
RGV VJ21 L
RGV VJ22 FL
RGV VJ23 T
RZ 350
GT 750 J....sold.....
SX-R 800
KD 80
JR 50
RZV 500 R
https://www.youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869/videos
busa1300
To the on ramp

Post by busa1300 »

Coming back to haunt me....I just can't let a project die it seems....
After moving into a new place the 72 GT750 frame was loaded onto my table to see what I could do with it.
I gave up on the TR route, and will do this at a limited expense if I go through with it. Although my main goal is a 4 cylinder stroker within the next 6 months. If that happens....the GT frame and engine will be going along with my complete pink GT750J to a new owner.

MY TWO STROKE ADDICTION
TZR250SP 3XV2...
RS 250 Cup bike
RGV VJ21 L
RGV VJ22 FL
RGV VJ23 T
RZ 350
GT 750 J....sold.....
SX-R 800
KD 80
JR 50
RZV 500 R
johnu
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500

Post by johnu »

busa1300 wrote:I have not made contact with anyone at framecrafters yet. Depends on the response I get, to my offer on the RGV's, as to which route I take on the GT/TR 750 street bike.

CMR is in Canada, not sure about a CML though....

If I keep most of the stock frame, this is where I will be starting.....definitely at the bottom :lol:
I'd never chop up a good bike....
Front rim looks a little small :mrgreen:
busa1300
To the on ramp

Post by busa1300 »

johnu wrote:
busa1300 wrote:I have not made contact with anyone at framecrafters yet. Depends on the response I get, to my offer on the RGV's, as to which route I take on the GT/TR 750 street bike.

CMR is in Canada, not sure about a CML though....

If I keep most of the stock frame, this is where I will be starting.....definitely at the bottom :lol:
I'd never chop up a good bike....
Front rim looks a little small :mrgreen:
Yea.... That one grew up and is on my GS1000 now :mrgreen:

I think the first generation GSXR1100 wheels will work better on the GT750.... :up:
The buyer of my GT750J did not want my spare engine/frame... so it's still on the table tormenting me to make something that runs.

Also got a bit of motivation from (water cooled) and (tz375) today after talking to them at 131 dragway....
I know guys, I'm the first to admit talk is cheap....I'm hoping to display more than my words by end of next spring.
Hopefully my posts on some of these pages shows I'm not idle all the time :lol:
MY TWO STROKE ADDICTION
TZR250SP 3XV2...
RS 250 Cup bike
RGV VJ21 L
RGV VJ22 FL
RGV VJ23 T
RZ 350
GT 750 J....sold.....
SX-R 800
KD 80
JR 50
RZV 500 R
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Good to chat with you and your wife at 131. The thing about Super Eliminator racing is that anyone with any experience or no experience with any bike can come and play. Some of the guys are racing the same H2 Kawasaki that they have raced for decades and some of us ae running stock or near stock bikes. All are welcome. It's bracket racing so consistency is more important than outright speed.

The way the rules are written now, any two, three, four or more cylinder bike of almost any capacity has a place to run. And who knows how the rules might be opened up even more for next year. If you have a two stroke with more than two cylinders, bring it out. There are not a lot of rules and no lock wire in sight. machine prep is simple. Just make sure it's safe.

See you at a track next year.
busa1300
To the on ramp

Post by busa1300 »

I think even if I had a bike perfectly set up for the track.....I would not have subjected myself to the 95 degree heat and 110% humidity that day....in leathers.... Man it was HOT....
You guys are way tougher than me, I couldn't take it back in my 30's sitting in line, doubt I could do it now. :shock:

I wish that racing group would come up with a two stroke bike show, to go along with the two stroke racing... It could be like one of those big two stroke meetings out in California with a bit of work. Bring more people in who love strokers but don't want to race.... at least not yet...
I love talking to you guys and seeing more poeple than myself who put a lot of time and effort into old two strokes...
I'm not the only crazy one out there.... :mrgreen:

After my RZV safari, I'll be back into the garage building again. For next year
MY TWO STROKE ADDICTION
TZR250SP 3XV2...
RS 250 Cup bike
RGV VJ21 L
RGV VJ22 FL
RGV VJ23 T
RZ 350
GT 750 J....sold.....
SX-R 800
KD 80