Decent bike covers at your local Walmart

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Suzsmokeyallan
Moto GP
Location: Mostly Barbados, sometimes Florida and western Canada

Decent bike covers at your local Walmart

Post by Suzsmokeyallan »

Your local Walmart carries motorcycle covers, they are quite decent units for the price at around $40.00 and come in three sizes, Sport, cruiser and touring.
The covers also come with a neat storage bag so you can pack it on a road trip, theres no cheap plastic lined material here, its also treated at the factory, if i knew what that was they were doing to it, maybe scotch guard???.
The cruiser model fits bikes like the Buffalo and RE5 really well since its got the height to allow for the mirrors and still able to fully reach the ground. You can even lock the cover on and its also shielded inside for being able to take warm exhaust pipes against the fabric if you put the cover on soon after a ride.
One thing ive noticed is that the covers are not symetrical, in so much as its made to fit perfectly to the bike with the steering turned left in the locked position.
The brand is 'Moto gear' and the box packaging is red and black, found in the automotive section.
I hope this info is helpful to those of you wanting or looking for a good quality cover.

Two strokes, its just that simple.

69 Suz U70
69 Suz T500
72 Suz GT750 cafe
74 Suz TS250
74 Suz GTXVR project
75 Suz RE5
75 Suz GT750
76 Suz TS400
76 Suz GT750
81 Suz GSX1100
86 Suz RG500x2
88 Hon CR500
93 Hon CBR900RR
98 Suz GSF1200x3
15 Kaw Ninja H2
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

They also carry cheap (but good) soft ties to use when trailering. They're about half the bike-shop price.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
jkevinlilly
My new bike is "IRIS"

Post by jkevinlilly »

I recently picked up a pack of four of the rachet tie-downs, 12' in length, working rating of 1100 lbs there for $20. They also have various other length, strength, and strap numbers available.

Kevin
Everything Commeth
To He Who Waiteth
So Long As He Who Waiteth
Worketh Like Hell While He Waiteth