Project GT750 "Special"

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

What i did was:

- Swingarm was machined to make it fir

- Aluminum bearing spacer was narrowed to suit

- GSXR spindle was cut to fit the same width as the swingarm

- two spacer tubes were machined to fit over the GT spindle and inside the GSXR spindle (now just a spacer)

- The GSXR needle rollers and inner sleeves then all fitted

The problem is that the Gt spindle is so small and there are so many "spacers" i suspect it won't exactly handle like it's on rails.

I'm thinking of reaming out the frame to take a larger diameter spindle and then eliminate a couple of the spacers.
Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Post by Suzukidave »

Replace the word "spindle" Richard has used with " swingarm pivot bolt " and it makes it bit clearer what he is describing :wink: and i did mine the same way on the yellow GTX-R but i feel once the stock GT750 pivot bolt is tightened locking the shortened stock GSXR pivot bolt between the frame rails it has less flex at that point than the rest of the flexy frame :roll: ..Dave
the older i get the faster i was
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Thanks Dave, I forgot to translate that into 'murican

Of course my frame is fully triangulated with new light, strong Chrome Moly tubing ............which just happen to be in the wrong place and foul the carbs...

Argh... :x

That's why I gave it a break and started on the other one. :oops:

Gotta have a plan B 8)

Those needle rollers in the swingarm seem to be fine - so far. I managed to assemble the rear end today between snow blowing to keep the driveway open.

And the replacement exhaust mount bushes just slipped right in with a length of threaded rod a few large washers. Way easier than removing them.