Bassini aftermarket exhausts for GT 750

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

cruisingram
Around the block

Post by cruisingram »

Suzukidave wrote:These pipes are Bassani's on my GTX-R but i cut off the extra 3 ft of baffle and put on regular baffles . Image
You know, I talked with you via e-mail and PM a year or two about about this bike- the sabre tank I noticed, you have a thread on that bike so I don't have to cover old territorey? Frame, swingarm, sub frame, forks? Which rims?
Buffalo-guy
To the on ramp

Post by Buffalo-guy »

Ed.
That 380 picture shows exactly what my wife found a couple of years ago,only yours is in better condition. The Bassanni's do necessitate removing the center stand, adding to maintainance issues, but the do make power, and the sound of a well piped, triple cylinder two stroke is magic.
To add input to the original question, I have ridden with buffalos sporting 4 different brands of pipes, not including Ians Allspeeds, and the Bassannis are the quietest, and they all benefit from generous changes to the jetting.
They are fun!! Cheers.
Fred
Suzuki GT 750s
Ducati 750 GTs
2007 Duc 1000 GT (the clone)
2002 V Strom 1000 (lives again)
Suzuki RE5s
CBXs (18 cylinders, 72 valves)
Coyote
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550x2, GT750, GS1000

Post by Coyote »

I took the big C-clip out of one of my pipes just to see if the PO had them packed correctly. I didn't know there was a huge spring behind behind the end cap to keep the baffle from sliding back a ratteling. I settled at looking at one pipe. It is totally impossibe to compress that spring by hand and have enough hands left over to get the C-clip back in.
The bottom line is it took 2 guys, 2 days and the aid of a hydraulic press to get that miserable #*%/@**$ clip back in. Never again unless I absolutely have to.
Gordon
"Which one is not like the others?"

Post by Gordon »

Deleted
Last edited by Gordon on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suzukidave
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750 x2 97 -1200 Bandit 86 GSXR1100

Post by Suzukidave »

I remember the strong springs also under the end caps , it was a fun job to get them back together :shock:
the older i get the faster i was