Thinking out loud...

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Ogri
On the main road

Post by Ogri »

Well, I painted and installed the engine and fit the tank up to find that the fuel tap exits right over the top of the number 1 spark plug. The spark plug lead would be in contact with the tap and the fuel lines would not fit onto the barbs. And, there is no room on the bottom of the tank to move the tap.

Can I interest anyone in a GS tail section with a bolt on bracket?

I think I will put it back the way it was for now, and look for a long narrow racing tank.
Ogri
On the main road

Post by Ogri »

I also took some time this weekend and began disassembling the RE5. I will be posting the parts in the for sale forum soon.
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

That sucks; it looked so promising. Oh well!!!!

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

There has to be a way. That tank and duck tail just look so "right" on TMB that it was meant to be.

Maybe if you post a pic of the tank underside, someone will come up with a solution.

Just to start the creative ball rolling, how about you replace the tap with a tube. Run a fuel hose from there to an external fuel shutoff - like a snowmobile type. That's teh rmote shutoff solution. Or even better, use an electric shutoff. No power, fuel is cut off, turn power on, fuel can flow.

I'm sure there are other solutions too.

You are not allowed to give up now, TMB has never looked better and you are soooo close to finishing it (again)
:)