Engine removel made easy

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

smokin

Engine removel made easy

Post by smokin »

This is how I removed my 750 engine, use a hydraulic jack on wheels and get a hydraulic lift table you can get them at harborfreight, I found one on craigslist for $50, the lift table sits an inch higher above the engine mounts, you put a board under the engine and jack up the engine just above the mounts and slide the engine over onto the lift table, once on the table you never have to lift the engine off you can lift the table as high as you want when you work on it , I never had to lift the engine off the table once. After it's together you do the reverse slide the engine onto the jack an lower it into place didn't scratch the frame, that table comes in real handy when working on engines, or you can move the table over to the work bench an slide it over to the bench without having to lift it, that table is a real back saver and one of the best investment I made.

smokin
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Re: Engine removel made easy

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Yep - that is one way for sure ! :D Another way which a few folks have successfully tried is to lay the bike on its side, and lift the frame off of the engine. Suzukidave posted some photos in this thread and as well I also wrote about it here for putting the engine back into the frame with it on my work bench. 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !