Shaky start to the weekend in NZ

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

MikeH1A
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Shaky start to the weekend in NZ

Post by MikeH1A »

Wo guys,

Amazing start to the day here. At 4.30am my little city got hit with a 7.2 magnitude earthquake. One wierd sensation I tell you with everything moving and shaking to a great degree :shock: - scary as hell for my young boys. The aftershock was even a 5. Luckily there wasn't a single fatality but we lost water, power and sewerage. The CBD is a mess and there ain't a brick chimney left standing for miles!

After making sure the family was safe (and the earth was flat again), I snuck out to check on the bikes. In the total dark they looked ok so I headed back in to wait for the dawn. When I checked again in the light, I saw that the T500 was actually leaning over on the H1 - it had actually jolted up and sideways to the extent that the centrestand had snapped back up into it's riding position and the bike was on two wheels leaning on her buddy. Not a scratch on either - so my obsessive use of big furry blankets to cover them paid off :clap: :clap:
Burt Munro + John Britten + Kim Newcombe + Ivan Mauger = Kiwi Street Cred

72 GT750J
71 TS250R
71 H1A
tz375
Moto GP

Re: Shaky start to the weekend in NZ

Post by tz375 »

Mike, caught that on the news last night. Glad to hear you're OK. It's a miracle no one was killed.
netbikes
Around the block

Post by netbikes »

a number of Kiwi's in the local branch of the VJMC here, (Brisbane), some with family in Christchruch, I think at least one of them is flying out this week to help patch up his parents home.

Hope everything settles quickly for you and there is no reoccurence.
Cheers....chris
www.netbikes.com.au
dinogt
On the main road
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT 500

Post by dinogt »

Happy for you every one ok, hope you good house repare :?
blue smoke on the horizon
http://www.dinogt.fr