gt750 wire harness 1&2

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

markj
To the on ramp

gt750 wire harness 1&2

Post by markj »

My old set is pretty beat and I thought I'd invest in a new harness. Paul miller sells both main harnesses on ebay for about 150 usd. I looked on some sights and they are still available from suzuki for less but it only shows harness #2 as a replacement for harness #1. So esssentually you're buying two #2 harnesses. Will that work or should I just order from Paul Miller?
So many Projects - So little time
Coyote
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550x2, GT750, GS1000

Re: gt750 wire harness 1&2

Post by Coyote »

Harness #1 was discontinued long long ago. Don't know where PM get's them. When I rebuilt my 77, I bought the set (1&2) from Miller. Very nice new pliable wires, bright corect colors. To me, it was worth the price of admission. I don't know anywhere else you can get harness #1.
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left.

1978 GS1000C
1976 GT550 ongoing money pit.
markj
To the on ramp

Post by markj »

Thanks Chris. I pulled the trigger on the PM set myself. All my stuff comes back from the powdercoater tomorrow and I just can't see putting those curddy harnesses back on. I know they'd take some work to make reliable anyway and for 150 beans it's just not worth it for me to mess around with.
oldjapanesebikes
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT750(Jx3,L,M,A,B),T500

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

KnK Cycle still lists the #1 harness also - and if you look closely at the photos on his site, you can see that the part labels are bar coded. So these are fairly recent (as in new and not NOS) Suzuki original parts. Its like the water pump gears and the J/K and L/M/A/B side covers - if you keep checking, sometimes there is stock at your friendly :wth: :shock: neighbourhood Suzuki dealer. 8)
Ian

If at first you don't succeed, just get a bigger hammer !
markj
To the on ramp

Post by markj »

Thanks Ian, I've ordered them from Paul Miller. I did see them listed on K&K's site but I won't ever buy anything from Ken again unless I'm really desperate and feel like gambling. I've had a r e a l l y bad experience with him in the past.