GT500/ T500-k,l,m air filter

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

GT500/ T500-k,l,m air filter

Post by rbond »

Does anyone have the metal frame that the sponge air filter mount on? These filters are about $50.00 give or take a bit. Too much for a pair of rubber socks!!!! So, I think I can adapt a pair of paper/sponge sock filters for a large riding mower engine. Now before you question my sanity, think about this, the engine size is larger (cc's) on the mower than each of the cylinders (250cc) a GT/T500 is sucking air at any given time. So volume of air is real close, filtration is not compromised, I do wonder whether the new filters less restrictive design will adversely affect mixture settings of the carbs. I don't anticipate any problems, I need the frame to see about modifying it or make a new frame to mount the filters on. The ones I am looking at are about $10.00 each. (takes two) My main concern is first keeping the ease of servicing, reducing cost, and providing a more easily obtained replacement part. The older these machines get, more OEM parts will not be available, so we need to get cracking on reproduction and alternative sources for parts. We can get fork boots from France, the right crank seal from England, and a CDI unit from the USA. Gage restorations from Barbados, racks from England, etc. I appreciate all the help!! :D :D
TLRam1
Road race school

Post by TLRam1 »

Green Uni Filter material works well.
Terry

Maybe poker's not your game, Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest~

74 Suzuki GT750 / 74 Suzuki T500 / 75 Suzuki GT380 / 97 & 01 Honda Magna / 03 Kawasaki KX250 / 01 Yamaha WR250F / 03 Yamaha TTR 125L
rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by rbond »

Great, who do you get it from?
Coyote
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550x2, GT750, GS1000

Post by Coyote »

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left.

1978 GS1000C
1976 GT550 ongoing money pit.