Boost Bottles

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Boost Bottles

Post by rbond »

Has anyone here tried a 'boost bottle'? It sounds a little too good to be true. I don't see how the blow back mixture is supposed to go into the bottle and not still into the carb. It seems too easy not to have been 'discovered' back it the '60's and not harped on by a major bike maker as their great technology!!!
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

All I can tell you is that every test I read back in the day revealed no change from adding a boost roost bottle thingie. No increase, no decrease. pretty much a waste of time.
rngdng
AMA Superbike

Post by rngdng »

It can't do anything on a piston-port engine. It has to have reeds to even have a chance of working. I have one on my RD, but can't comment on it's effectiveness, because I had it on there, before I ever started the engine.

Lane
If you stroke it more than twice; you're playing with it.

Too many bikes, too much time, ENOUGH SPACE, FINALLY! Never enough money.........
Arne
To the on ramp

Post by Arne »

rngdng wrote:It can't do anything on a piston-port engine. It has to have reeds to even have a chance of working. I have one on my RD, but can't comment on it's effectiveness, because I had it on there, before I ever started the engine.

Lane
Yep.

It'll help an RD or banshee if it has a flat spot before you hit the power band, but on a piston port you wouldn't be doing a whole lot.
1954 Harley ST165 basket in the attic
1972 Suzuki GT750 project in the works
1981 Honda CB750-1000 driver
1982 Honda GL500 easy project