Paul Miller suzuki... WTF

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

tygrant351
On the street

Post by tygrant351 »

sems like its a 50/50 shot with him after hearing what people have said, I just put up a post becasue i thought it was deserved> I got my stuff back and it looks really great, so I am happy
bugspray
On the street
Suzuki 2-Strokes: gt 500 x2

Re: Paul Miller suzuki... WTF

Post by bugspray »

I should have heeded the warnings but I tend to trust people....BIG EXPENSIVE MISTAKE
It,s a long story to be told later, but for now I advise everyone to avoid this man.
In 65 years of dealing with people of all walks of life I can say that this the most dishonest scoundrel I have ever encountered.
He ,like most dishonest people is incapable of carying on a conversation and if he doesn,t like your point of view
he hangs up the phone and stops answering calls and Emails.
I strongly suspect a sort of mental illness but I have enough of my family to take care of.

Pending resolution of our affairs I am considering legal action so if anyone has come up short with him I would appreciate you
getting in touch with me.

Thanks
jabcb
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: 69 T350 thru 75 GT750

Post by jabcb »

I’ve had good luck with Paul. Have bought so much stuff from him that the last time I called he said, “you’re the guy from Pennsylvania”.

Paul runs a small old-school shop & is not perfect.
The modern dealerships with national online parts ordering systems also aren’t perfect — I’ve had incomplete orders & last year I ordered a two stroke part & got a four stroke head gasket.
BAS (Bike Acquisition Syndrome) - too many bikes but have room for more

Suzuki:
GT750 2x75
GT550 72 & 75
GT380 72
T500 69 project & 73 project
T350 69 & 71
Honda 85 CB650SC & 86 CB700SC
09 Triumph Bonneville SE
Vintageman
Expert racer
Suzuki 2-Strokes: Suz, Yam, Honda, Kaw.

Post by Vintageman »

I have bought many things off Paul, Not sure enough he knows I am the guy from NH :wink: He has stuff we want. He is arrogant at times. Some stuff is sa described, some stuff not quite so. He is not 100% consistent IMO. Sometimes not 100% forthcoming when you ask either. He want's to sell to be rich or just make a good living?. That is not going to happen to me (rich) this late in life so if I sell something or provide a service I am very honest (not my living either), no short answers like
"no one has complained yet", "Sold many", "Perfect". "Suz expert (more so than you) "won't take long" "It's the Post office problem (not me)" Well I just bought a $250 item from him, He discounted well, which he does times. Came today! Was it "perfect"? not how I would have described perfect its OK but I did want near perfect, paid for it and asked for it. I'll use it for better than what I had for sure.

Well I am sure he'll have something I need and not too worried and will buy again. Oh he is helpful too. He hooked me up with guys he uses (re-chrome, cranks, etc.) I tell them Paul recommended you and so far so good. He is human, not perfect but OK ... and if issue just stroke his ego a bit while trying to get want you want. go easy, he gets miffed fast and knows he can be perfect... if he doesn't forget to try or just tired of it all. Yes call.

I wish I knew more about him. Age, How long has he been doing what he does, previous history, how successful, how big is his business now. His hobbies.
Current Bikes
74 GT250 (T350 upgrade),
76 GT250 (T350 upgrade),
71 T350,
70 T350,
74 GT380,
75 T500,
73 GT550,
75 GT750,
72 Yamaha DS7 (R5 upgrade),
77 Yamaha RD400 (Daytona Cyls),
sbaugz
To the on ramp
Suzuki 2-Strokes: T500, S32-2, GT185

Post by sbaugz »

my experience with PM has jaded me as well. Purchased a set of "show quality" front and rear complete wheels for my T500 project off his ebay website. According to the auction, these would be shipped out within 1-2 days and arrive within 5-6 days. Two weeks passed and I contacted them thru ebay. I received a response several days later saying they would be shipped out within a couple days. Another couple weeks passed and I called and spoke directly with Paul. He said that he was in the process of having them made up. The hubs were at the polished and then he had to have them laced and trued. Another three weeks passed and I called again. I received the same vague response that they would be sent out soon. This time I threatened to have ebay and my bank intervene if the wheels weren't sent out by the end of the week. A couple weeks later after that I had my wheels. They were good wheels (they damn well should be for $1100 for the pair), but I wouldn't consider ordering again based on my experience. I will also add that each time on the phone with him, I got the sense that he was annoyed and irritated that I was calling. He seemed to have no comprehension as to how inconsiderate he was being about the whole situation.

It is unfortunate because he has a product that alot of us need. I am sure he realizes he is the only guy around that can supply this stuff. People are still going to order from him despite his crappy service.
bugspray
On the street

Post by bugspray »

If you bought off Ebay you have a bit of leverage, but if you deal directly with him you may never get what you paid for and what
can you do when he stops answering like he did with me and others I know.
Hubs are easy to polish ( he has them done at Alpha plating in Plainville Connectict) and bran new wheels can be had
directly from Suzuki in Canada for 168 dollars...take off 25% in US dollars.

Warren
bugspray
On the street

Post by bugspray »

See post on vjmog forum
bugspray
On the street

Post by bugspray »

Gettin RIPPED off takes all the fun out of restauring old motorcycles. I learned an expensive lesson but I plan to teach him one to
hopefully safeguard others. I will take the time and absorb the expence just for the principle of it.