main bearing lip

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

H2RICK
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A, GSF1200SK6 currently

Post by H2RICK »

What?? Do you mean Suzi strokers....
Afraid so Rick.
Umm....that was a rhetorical question, TZ..... :wink:

FYI, Kawasaki also used a two-point-per-cylinder injection setup on the 72/73 H2's. I'm not sure about the other triples but it would make sense that they would be the same.[/quote]
GT550A Mint & Original
H2A Semi-Hot Rod Built From A Basket Case
KZ650C2 Mint & Original...mostly
GSF1200SK6 Bandit...My LD Ride
Additional H2 projects In Boxes.....
MBD Sufferer
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Err. I realize that, but there's no rule that says rhetorical questions can't be answered. 8) :lol:

Kawasaki triples typically mix oil in the float chamber of the carb AFAIK which is more or less the same process as most other 2 smokes.

Whichever way we look at it, it's smelly oily way to make power - or was that the point? :roll: :wink:
ja-moo
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by ja-moo »

tz375 wrote:
Kawasaki triples typically mix oil in the float chamber of the carb AFAIK which is more or less the same process as most other 2 smokes.
Actually, only the 74 and 75 H2's mixed the oil in the float bowls.....
Visiting from the "K" camp...........
tz375
Moto GP

Post by tz375 »

Hey, JA, I figured you would be along soon as we started to talk about those crude H and S triples.:oops:

I seem to recall someone talking about slingers on kawasaki cranks, but the oilways to the main bearings are similar to a Yamaha IIRC. Please set us straight as to how Kawasaki lubricate the triples.

Ciao
ja-moo
Yeah Man, the Interstate

Post by ja-moo »

tz375 wrote:Hey, JA, I figured you would be along soon as we started to talk about those crude H and S triples.:oops:

I seem to recall someone talking about slingers on kawasaki cranks, but the oilways to the main bearings are similar to a Yamaha IIRC. Please set us straight as to how Kawasaki lubricate the triples.

Ciao
LOL... The S series just had intake port injection, all H1's 500's had oil injected to the left mains and intake, as also the 72-73 H2 750's. 74-75 had oil to the left mains and to the carbs, a EPA thing..........
Visiting from the "K" camp...........