Sure You Can

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Coyote
Moto GP
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550x2, GT750, GS1000

Sure You Can

Post by Coyote »

Want to mount your calipers 'behind' the fork legs but hate the way the logo cutout now points at the moon? Here's what I did to overcome the problem.
I needed some Bondo to fill in the tank recesses anyway so I put it to use here as well. 2-3 applications and some vigirous sanding and the logo window is gone. They were then shot with Dupli-Color high temp silver.
The tank recesses on the other hand were not so easy. I bet I spent 20 hours the get the contour just right. I applied Bondo 6 or 7 times and did the final work with primer putty.
If you ever attempt to fill in the tank recess, here's a hint. Take your plastic spreader and heat it under a lamp. When it's warm, create a curve in it with your hands. This way the filler stays proud of the cutout and is eadier to work down.

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left.

1978 GS1000C
1976 GT550 ongoing money pit.
H2RICK
AMA Superbike
Suzuki 2-Strokes: GT550A, GSF1200SK6 currently

Post by H2RICK »

Good looking set of calipers, Coyote. Interesting colour choice.
GT550A Mint & Original
H2A Semi-Hot Rod Built From A Basket Case
KZ650C2 Mint & Original...mostly
GSF1200SK6 Bandit...My LD Ride
Additional H2 projects In Boxes.....
MBD Sufferer
tygrant351
On the street

Post by tygrant351 »

make sure you wipe the brake fluid off those quickly, i painted a caliper on CB550 with that stuff and the brake fluid eats it very easily and quickly, make sure you have no leaks either, they will show up in the form of bubbled paint