OH Crap

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

Brett Kerby
On the street

OH Crap

Post by Brett Kerby »

Well got my new crank seal in and while putting the clutch back on, my make shift clutch hub tool slipped and I broke off 2 ears on my clutch primary carrier (not sure what it is called). Bike bandit says they are discontinued but looks like I can get a new piece from Interstate cycles. Question does the aluminum ear piece come off the primary gear piece?(not sure of proper terminology sorry) If so how? On the schematic it lists piece 1-1 and 1-2 for 85 and 126 bucks respectively....Help please...AND OH SHITE what have I done now.......Brett
Brett Kerby
On the street

geez

Post by Brett Kerby »

OK fit of rage over and mind is working better now. Found a replacement on flea bay for under 20 bucks...... will make a better hub wrench tomorrow for sure..ignore first post please.........
diamondj
Road race school

Post by diamondj »

Brett,

Motion Pro makes a clutch holder that works reasonably well for about $30 from Dennis Kirk, etc... They go for even less on the bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motion-P ... 06.c0.m245

If you got some extra steel plates with your replacement clutch basket and you have access to a welder, you can make your own clutch holding tool that will do the job nicely for next to nothing:

http://www.motorcycleracer.net/phpBB2/v ... tch+holder

The clutch basket does come off the primary gear but it is riveted on and would be a job for a machine shop. Hopefully you got a complete clutch assembly?

Jim
Brett Kerby
On the street

thanks

Post by Brett Kerby »

Thanks Jim, I did get the whole clutch pack, and I am going to weld a bar on one of the extra clutch plates. Used a pair of vice grips and they slipped so the welder is coming out for sure..........Appreciate your post very much...