parts-n-more

General discussion about Street two-stroke Suzuki motorcycles.

Moderators: oldjapanesebikes, H2RICK, diamondj, Suzsmokeyallan

rbond
Yeah Man, the Interstate

parts-n-more

Post by rbond »

Just put on some shocks from parts-n-more. Can't do a set of Hagons yet. These were $75.00, got to be better than stock anyway, right????? They do look good on the bike. Anyway, these are of course 1/2 inch longer. No info about their products, only 'put in cart'. That was fun mounting with a long crowbar..... even on the lowest setting, these puppies are stiff!!!!! They will compress a little when you sit on the bike, but you do feel like sliding forward. I could compensate by lowering the fork tubes, BUT, then the center stand may not touch the ground. I am debating on biting the bullet and put the OEM shocks back on. Sloping forward hurts my back and neck. It feels like the handlebars are too low. I may need to make a cardboard sign 'will work for Hagons'. On another note, after reading the high idle, slow to come down on this fellow's 550, I am going to replace intake gaskets, check rubber boots and clean out the carbs again. It does not appear to smoke more on one side than the other and the tranny does not seem to lose oil, so I don't think the crank seals are bad yet. I had re-built the carbs with new OEM jets, needle and seats, floats etc. Made a big difference than when I first got the bike. When cool, the bike runs really well, when it gets hot and I run kinda fast (50mph) it will idle at 2k and slowly come down as I wait for the light to change. It will pull just fine now matter what temp, maybe a little better and less ringy dingy when still cool. It does not like running on the choke but about 15- 30 seconds at a cold start-up, then flip it off, won't idle hardly, but once it is on the mains, boogey!!!